Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

PMDG737 NGX module 4.3 - MCP1 Knobs

Original Post from F.Skywalker (moved to LINDA Support)

Hi Scotflieger,

thanks for the update.

I use the MCP1.(orig)

After this Update the CRS Knob ist only working on the left side. The right side do not work.

my Linda Version  (3.4) PMDG NGX  works smoother.

The syncronisation ist very fast.(3.4)

In 4.3 when you turn the HDG, ALT, SPD fast it is not syncron whith the Display.

You must make very time a little korrection.

CRS work only left, if you press right the diplay says right without work.

Sory about my bad englisch.

Frank

Response

Hi Frank 

Thank you for reporting the issue with the latest module 4.3 with MCP1. I have reproduced your question here for answering your support question.

I have compared the code between versions 4.3 and 3.4. Apart from the readability changes, the code for HDG, ALT and SPD are identical and there should not be any difference between the response on your MCP1 (or other panels). I did find the _incfast and _decfast functions too vigorous (changed too fast) and changed the repeat count from 4 to 3. Can you try editing your copy of version 4.3 as follows:

In SPD, HDG, ALT _incfast and _decfast functions change: 

for i = 1, 3 do ipc.control(PMDGBaseVar+???, PMDG_???) end
to:
        for i = 1, 4 do ipc.control(PMDGBaseVar+???, PMDG_???) end

The CRS R (FO's course selector) operation will be fixed in the next update.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scotflieger,

where must i make the editing.

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Open the PMDG737 actions.lua file (in /fsx/modules/linda/aircrafts/pmdg737ngx/) in the LINDA editor.  There will 6 such entries (2 for each control).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello togehter,

exactly same situation here:   MCP1  v3.4 ok,  v4.3 toggle-functions struggle, i.e.  crslr-toggle or light-toggle and so on.

Glad, this can be resolved in an update.

LINDA is such a beautyful thing to handle my small cockpit and I want to say thankyou once again to Artem, Guenter, Scotflieger and all the other contributors for such a handy tool.

Gruss, Wolfgang

Thank Wolfgang. I believe I have a fix for Frank's reported problems (SPD/HDG/ALT) and CRS R. I am not sure what you mean by the NGX_CRS_LR_toggle and NGX_LIGHTS_toggle struggling. Note the NGX_LIGHTS_toggle function is now in uppercase.

Your appreciation makes our work more rewarding.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scotflieger,

the Change 3 to 4 is the same.

It is hard to write about a Problem.

In Version 3.4 when i turn SPD,CRS,ALT, it was allway sync the nummbers on the mcp and the ngx sync in the same time.

In Version 4.3  is not syncron.

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Hi Scotflieger,

the Change 3 to 4 is the same.

It is hard to write about a Problem.

In Version 3.4 when i turn SPD,CRS,ALT, it was allway sync the nummbers on the mcp and the ngx sync in the same time.

In Version 4.3  is not syncron.

Frank

HI Frank

I have a fix available (adding extra sleep time in functions). However, I am concerned about Wolfgang's observations and will delay an update until I hear from him.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ok, thanks.

Frank

Hello Scotflieger this is Wolfgang again with following obsevations:

-NGX Lights Test toggle-  brings up the following error-code: 

[E] *** LUA Error: ...\FSX\modules\linda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/actions.lua:5992: attempt to call global 'NGX_LIGHTS_Bright' (a nil value)

So tried it with -NGX Lights cycle- and voila, that gave me the wished result I had before with Lights Test toggle in v3.4.  I now can the test turn on and off.   So I confused  toggle with cycle.

-NGX AP CRS LR  toggle-  in v3.4 let me operate both course-knobs in the VC.  This isn t he case in v4.3, nothing happens, same with CRS LR sync, but no error-code shows up.

Hope this may help.

Gruss, Wolfgang 

[E] *** LUA Error: ...\FSX\modules\linda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/actions.lua:5992: attempt to call global 'NGX_LIGHTS_Bright' (a nil value)

So tried it with -NGX Lights cycle- and voila, that gave me the wished result I had before with Lights Test toggle in v3.4.  I now can the test turn on and off.   So I confused  toggle with cycle.

-NGX AP CRS LR  toggle-  in v3.4 let me operate both course-knobs in the VC.  This isn t he case in v4.3, nothing happens, same with CRS LR sync, but no error-code shows up.

Hope this may help.

Gruss, Wolfgang 

Hi Wolfgang

What MCP are you using?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi Scotflieger,

as stated above MCP 1 (the first of the series). LINDA version is 2.6.7

Gruss, Wolfgang

Hope this may help.

Gruss, Wolfgang 

Hi Wolfgang

Problem 1 is a typo in the code. The function should read NGX_LIGHTS_bright (not _Bright).

Problem 2 is more complicated. My inspection of the code between 3.4 and 4.3 shows no structural or logic differences.

For the MCP2 and MCP2a panels, the NGX_AP_CRS_LR_ functions work depending on the DME selected on the Radio panel and changed using NGX_AP_CRS_LR_sync. DME1 outputs to the Capt's CRS and DME2 to the FO's. For this to work, you need to assign NGX_AP_CRS_sync to the DME Select 1 and Select 2. Then pressing the DME button will change the DME between 1 and 2 and swap (sync) the NGX_AP_CRS_LR_ functions to the selected DME: 1 for left and 2 for right. 

For the MCP1, selecting NGX_AP_CRS_LR_toggle will swap the CRS output from the left to right and vice versa. The NGX_AP_CRS_LR_sync changes this behaviour to match the MCP Combo 2 Boeing and Airbus panels (MCP2 and MCP2a).

The NGX_AP_CRS_LR_ functions work with EITHER the Capt's OR the FO's CRS display NOT both.

Thank you reporting the issues. I can test as much as I want but I only have the MCP2 and MCP2a panels, not the original MCP1. I will issue an update to the module (4.4).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Dear Scotflfieger,

thanks to your efforts in v4.4 the issues even with MCP1 seems to be solved.

Have a good time and cheers, Wolfgang

You are very welcome. I am pleased that I have solved the issues with the MCP1 panels.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

have a MCP1 also,

can confirm all above, all is fixed & No more settings lags (had me worried there for a while :)

//

here, there was a long post about my trial and error about my MCP1 A/T_ARM switch not working,

but, all-in-all I now can make it work with “NGX AP ATHR toggle” instead of "on" and "off"

//

by the way, "all taxi toggle" and "all landing lights toggle" that's a treat

EDIT2:

when from LINDA, I set either (or both !?) MPC1 A/T_ARM switch positions to

“NGX AP ATHR toggle”,

this makes the switch work

so it seems, at least in my download(s), that “NGX AO ATHR arm” and “off” don’t work?

2 cts

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10