Sign in to follow this  
JYW

A2A Cherokee, in the most under-rated Orbx region.....

I bought this region literally more than a year ago, and have just never gotten around to flying in it..... until today.

Orbx EU  Wales is absolutely stunning.  The Mid Wales section in amongst the most scenic - the beautiful valleys.

Here I took a flight on a hazy late Spring day, from Welshpool (EGCW), east on track 291 degrees, to the coastal town of Llanbedr (EGFD).  I flew the A2A Cherokee with no GPS fitted and flew the 68km flight by visual reference only.  I somehow managed to complete the en-route section, right in front of the target airfield (more luck than airmanship) :smile:

Click on the images, to see them in full size

2016-512.jpg

2016-513.jpg

2016-514.jpg

2016-515.jpg

2016-518.jpg

2016-519.jpg

2016-516.jpg

2016-517.jpg

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I bought OrbX Wales some years back and, you're right, I rarely fly there. Underated...  Your nice pics of these rolling hills is a hint to go and check again  :smile:  ! And the A2A Cherokee is such a sweet plane ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Nice shots! Orbx Wales is pretty but I think I prefer Horizon VFR X, especially when topped with Treescapes (I appreciate this costs a lot more though)! I get better framerates with that combination too.

Sim flying in Wales in general I think is underrated. Partly because those outside the UK probably don't know much about it (so they wouldn't go seeking scenery, as they wouldn't know what they'd be getting). And partly because of its small geographic area; you're not likely overfly Wales on most airline sectors, so you have to visit specifically for VFR to see any of it.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Great shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Very nice.  Wales does look very scenic.  Thanks for sharing.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Welshpool airport is very nicely done..great pics!

HLJAMES

Welshpool airport is very nicely done..great pics!

HLJAMES

Thanks :smile:   Yes, I just bought that from Orbx this morning, can't wait to try it out!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks 

Beautiful shots Bill - thanks for sharing them  :wink:

Rich Sennett