Sign in to follow this  
AceHigh

Ai Aircraft on the Ground are all black

Ai Aircraft are all black on the Ground ,, reload flight still black,, turn Ai off go back to flight , then turn Ai back on go back to flight Ai are still black

Any Idea Why this might be happening

Thanks

Sounds like a bad texture in your AI aircraft and maybe more than one!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

@ charliearon Sounds like a bad texture in your AI aircraft and maybe more than one!

Okay ,, How do I fix/resolve this I have a copy of FSX Original install NO ADDONS Nothing just FSX Accel

I noticed it on the c-172 ,,, should I replace the c-172 with a copy from the Original that I have backed

Thanks

Lots of details an cause this.   You first need to find the aircraft that are showing as black in the FSX/Simobjects/Aircraft folder.  This isn't meant to be an exhaustive list but check that:

• The texture files inside the relevant texture folder actually exist and the file names look correct for the aircraft model
  • That the texture= statement in aircraft.cfg text file correctly refers to the texture folder for the aircraft in question
  • That in the aircraft.cfg:
    • the model= statement correctly refers to the Model folder name 
    • the sim= statement correctly refers the .air file name

If you have many aircraft showing as black, there's likely to be a systematic error e.g. textures for A320's with sharklets incorrectly referring to the model without sharklets or placed in the wrong folder altogether.

Your AI aircraft shouldn't be appearing in the Select Aircraft box in the Flight Simulator.  To make them appear so you can narrow down which are faulty, copy the panel folder from one of your user aircraft into the AI aircraft and select them one by one to see which are black. 

ngxu_banner.png

@ailchim

That the texture= statement in aircraft.cfg text file correctly refers to the texture folder for the aircraft in question

I noticed it on the c-172, and I have edit/added a texture to this aircraft , I will revert it back , and let you know my findings

I am guessing that is the problem

Thanks

EDIT<br /><br />I have noticed it on the Maul too, and that aircraft is all default, no mods have been done to it

OK, I'm going to be grasping at straws here......could this be happening because of the texture screw-up by

the Ace's team when they included common textures (used by all of the C-172 textures) into the folder labeled texture.

(This is used for the White C-172).

This was most notable when calling up one C-172 for a flight and then changing to another C-172 texture.  A group

of use at the "Other" place came up with making a texture.common folder for the C-172.

On your aircraft selection page, highlight each C-172 and then go to "Details" and see if it displays the proper aircraft.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

@ charliearon

Thanks But No it is not that,, I am aware of that issue,, it is the Ai Aircraft on the ground being all black , like the textures did not load , so far noticed on c172 and the maul,, I did 2 things here

1. I copy(frm the backup copy of FSX, which is all default) and paste the Original default C172 in to the active FSX

2. Reboot the Computer I went to 10 different airports to parking ramps and all the AI Aircraft Appeared as they should with the textures (No all black Ai on the Ground now I am going to put the moded C172 back in and go to diff Airports and see

Will let you Know

Thanks

PS: Could it be just a freak thing and FSX did not load Properly , because I don't notice it all the time, but I also don't start at a parking ramp I start at active runway

If you have DX10 enabled try disabling it. You might need to restart I can't remember. DX wreaks havoc with textures.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

@ nealmac ---- Nope No Dx10 ,,, Thanks

I think I found the culprit ---Relates to this -----That the texture= statement in aircraft.cfg text file correctly refers to the texture folder for the aircraft in question Thank You ailchim

put default c172 went to 6-10 diff airports and all at parking spots all ai appeared as they should

Put the moded c172 back (moded= new textures) went around to more airports some the same some diff and had the black ai aircraft on the ground, and I am also going to state it only affected GA aircraft mainly maul and c172,, don't know why but those seemed to be the 2 that were black

So I am sticking with the default c172

Thanks for all the help

Note, Not marking solved yet ,, going to use for awhile and see what happens

Thanks to all for your help and input

Put the moded c172 back (moded= new textures)

Out of curiosity, what are these textures and where did you get them?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Ah, I was under the impression that all of your AI planes were showing up as black. If I had known that it was only the Cessna 172, then I would probably have mentioned the "texture=" statements in the aircraft.cfg file.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Joe

Out of curiosity, what are these textures and where did you get them?

title=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Millennium Edition

I believe from Flightsim.com and it was a year or more ago if I remember correctly, I am not blaming the textures as much as I am blaming my self for the way I add it to the cfg, I wanted this texture as the one to appear in select aircraft with out checking show all variants so I jockeyed the textures around in the cfg not knowing it would cause the problem it did, also I have to state I did not see the problem earlier because when I loaded a flights always went to active runway instead of parking , had I gone to parking after I added this texture, I would caught it then

Thanks

I had the same problem with only a few selected default FSX AI aircraft that would be black, both on the ground and flying and it really baffled me. That is until I read the posts over here, which were most helpful. I went into the respective aircraft.cfg files and noticed an entry "OFF.by SIMSTARTER" or something like that next to the texture= entry.

I recalled messing around with a program called SIMstarter to view/manage some of my liveries and discovered that I had unwittingly disabled a few "undesirable" liveries a while back which invariably also disabled the textures for the AI aircraft. So, in my case it was as simple as activating it again in SIMstarter.  

Thanks for the great help ailchim and others!

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit