Sign in to follow this  
ark

Is Flysimware Still in Active Operation?

Despite numerous posts concerning possible bugs with the Lear35A autopilot, or GNS display brightness, etc, I'm not aware of any participation/response in this support forum by the developer(s) for what seems like quite a long time. My understanding is Flysimware is a very small company, and I'm concerned that maybe due to circumstances beyond their control, the company is no longer active.  Does anyone have any info in this regard?

Thx,

Al

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

From what I can tell, Mark is very busy on the next project, and not spending much time here on the forums.

Well, that's fine. All the best wishes for the new project, whatever that may be.

However, I must say that I am generally pretty annoyed by the practice of most contemporary developers that come to the market with a really promising product, make it work so that about 80% of the customer base is happy, and then move on to the next project, without going the last mile required to make the previous product a really good one.

I do accept the fact that making an addon with really complex systems like a G1000, Collins Proline or airliner-grade avionics is a task that can never be really finished within sensible effort limits. But in this case, there is what appears to be a handful of manageable issues that need to be addressed in order to make the Lear almost perfect even for the most critical crowd. I really hope that Flysimware will take the time to address what has been brought up here in the forums and fix up the Lear 35 to be one of the best business jet addons out there. They're so close!

You can go their website entry page (www.flysimware.com) directly, click on "Go To Website", click on "Contact" at top of the home page, that will take you to the next page, click on the underlined "Contact Us" at the left side of that page. Then you will get a page to fill in all of the information and send to them.

Jeff

I would think taking 20 or 30 minutes a few times a month to provide some feedback to supportive and enthusiastic customers regarding their concerns would be very welcome and good for business. Whether the feedback is that no future updates are currently planned, or an update is still a couple of months off, etc, at least folks would know the score.  Forums such as this one are read closely by potential customers to gage user after sale satisfaction and the level of support provided by developers.  Given the complexity of simulations such as the Lear35A, programming bugs are a fact of life and should be expected. It is the follow-up action and communication that goes a long way to defining how the company is viewed.

Al  

They have released numerous fixes since it was release and my impression was that folks on their forum were pretty happy with the Lear 35 including myself. What issue with the autopilot are you having?

Martin

They have released numerous fixes since it was release and my impression was that folks on their forum were pretty happy with the Lear 35 including myself. What issue with the autopilot are you having?

Martin

For example, see posts 12, 13 and 14 here http://www.avsim.com/topic/487193-what-i-would-like-to-see-in-an-update/

Yes, I also like the Lear35A, which currently is the plane I fly the most. I would still like to see some of the AP bugs fixed since the AP gets heavy use.

Al

For example, see posts 12, 13 and 14 here http://www.avsim.com/topic/487193-what-i-would-like-to-see-in-an-update/

Yes, I also like the Lear35A, which currently is the plane I fly the most. I would still like to see some of the AP bugs fixed since the AP gets heavy use.

Al

Autopilot issues, pressurization system cabin rate indicator, and GTN VC lighting are IMHO the issues that need attention.

The too high fuel flow can be easily do-it-yourself-tweaked in the aircraft.cfg file.