Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

Saitek Multi Panel Not Working In FSX

I have recently bought the bovevpnel but can't get it working in FSX.

When I start FSX the panel does not respond i.e there is no display. I thought the panel was fully compatible with FSX (I have it working in x-plane thanks to a plugin).

I haven't installed any of the Saitek drivers or software as conventional wisdom says not to.

I searched for info so I know this has been asked before and seen references to SPAD but have no idea what that is or where to find it.

Can someone put me on the right road and if I need SPAD give me a download link.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

I think you are going to have to install the software to get it to work, but I had problems with mine until I downloaded the latest drivers from the Saitek site, niw it wirks flawlessly (I have all Saitek gear) even down to the transponder settings, which zi could never get to work with the drivers that came with the disc.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It works great in FSX with either the freeware SPAD program or the Saitek drivers.   I prefer SPAD drivers only because they are a bit more powerful.  Both start though the FSX exe.xml, so don't need to be started outside of FSX.

I should mention, that it is sometimes aircraft dependent.  No issue with default FSX ,Carenado, RealAir, etc, but not with some such as the Majestic Q400.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Definitely recommend SPAD as well.  With Saitek drivers you're limited to support for planes using FSX default AP as the various knobs and buttons are hard coded to FSX default mappings.  With SPAD you can do further customization to work with other implementations as often implemented on payware planes - especially powerful when coupled with FSUIPC.

Note that there is SPAD and SPAD.neXt.  I'm still using SPAD as it (mostly) meets my needs.  SPAD.neXt has even more flexibility, at the expense of some added complexity.  See: https://www.fsgs.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1 .

Scott

I have recently bought the bovevpnel but can't get it working in FSX.

When I start FSX the panel does not respond i.e there is no display. I thought the panel was fully compatible with FSX (I have it working in x-plane thanks to a plugin).

I haven't installed any of the Saitek drivers or software as conventional wisdom says not to.

I searched for info so I know this has been asked before and seen references to SPAD but have no idea what that is or where to find it.

Can someone put me on the right road and if I need SPAD give me a download link.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Your welcome  :wink: hope it helps you out

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487313-spad-or-saitek-plugins/?hl=+saitek

Rich Sennett

So Googling Saitek SPAD doesn't find anything for you ?

Here let me help : http://fstools.weebly.com/

Hi thanks for the replies.

I am running Windows 7.

I found the SPAD link Glynn quoted but how do I use/install SPAD as there doesn't seem to be an exec file.

Chris

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

I would recommend using SPAD Next.  They have a freeware version which is what I am trying right now.  I used to use SPAD but as of late I was noticing "disconnects" when I switched aircraft.   Since using SPAD Next haven't had a single issue. Just a suggestion.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi thanks for the replies. I had already downloaded the SPAD version in Glynn's link but tried again and still couldn't see any setup file.

I did a bit more searching and came across SPADNeXt so downloaded and installed. Went through the Wizard without really knowing what I am doing and setup a profile for Cessna 172 (I think) but tried a flight and although the panel was illuminated and responds in the Wizard nothing changed in the panel or  FSX when I tried so obviously not doing it right yet.

Any help much appreciated.

As a complete aside from this whilst playing around with the panel etc. I realised that I can't see my Windows taskbar so can't easily switch to Windows Explorer etc. How do I get the taskbar to stay on screen when running fsx (tried various resolution settings and they haven't worked.). Never noticed that before.

Thanks

Chris

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

I would recommend using SPAD Next.  They have a freeware version which is what I am trying right now.  I used to use SPAD but as of late I was noticing "disconnects" when I switched aircraft.   Since using SPAD Next haven't had a single issue. Just a suggestion.

I wasn't aware of a freeware version of SPAD next.  Do you have the link?

Ernest Pergrem

Spad.next offers support for the multipanel for free if you are using it on the main FSX computer.  If you want to add functionality, support for controls or simconnect connectivity over a home network, then you need to buy a license.

I can't remember how I installed it, whether there is a .exe or a .msi executable file, but I rather think there must be one of those...

PHIL

Thanks.. It appears to require the Saitek Direct Output driver. or maybe that's just for the FIP.

In any event, unless you have one or more of the instrument panel gauges (FIP) I think that you're still better off the freeware version of SPAD.  I use v0.5, but there is an updated v0.5.1 available.

The file unzips to a .exe, which once ran writes the correct entry to exe.xml and only runs when the simulator does.

Ernest Pergrem