Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

Saitek Multi Panel Not Working In FSX

Why do you prefer SPAD free to SPAD.next free?  Just interested...  more simple to use?

Phil

At least for me, I don't own any instrument panels so I see no advantage of SPAD.neXt over SPAD. 

SPAD is free, unless you make a donation.  It's simple to use (no configuration steps necessary) and has worked great with my multiple radio panels, switch panel, and multi panel for years. 

Also, SPAD is pretty much 'plug and play', which I can't say for my brief experience with the unregistered version of SPAD.neXt.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

'm not knocking SPAD.neXt because I haven't tried the free version.

This is not flaming, but I honestly suggest that you hold off comparisons until you are fully knowledgeable on both. At least to the point of visiting the web site and perusing the description of features and benefits.  Spad.Next and Spad share part of a name and some base features and intent. Beyond that they are no longer comparable.  Spad.Next is a continuation that has become a major expansion, and is becoming quite sophisticated.  To the point of providing the ability to customize elements of controls to do a wide variety of things, even things they were not designed for as defaults.  Spad.Next has gone beyond the panels that Spad originally addressed and is beginning to support yokes and other devices.  That said, I actually became intimidated somewhat as I was becoming frustrated understanding all of the nuances of button on/off coding, etc.  Spad.Next has continued with active development.  I have stayed with a January 2016 release and have not updated since then just because after several hours of learning how to program it i got to a point where I was happy and did not want to mess it up.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

All good points. 

Fortunately, all three; SPAD, SPAD.neXt, and the Saitek Plug-Ins are available at no cost, so a potential user can download, test and make their own decision on what fits their needs.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi been following the posts with interest. Not had panels before so cant comment on the 2 versions of SPAD. Tried to setup SPADNext profile for Cessna 172SP the panel lights up but cant change any values so clearly not doing it right. All I want is for the panel to work as it does in x-plane with the plugin which needs no special action.. Was thinking ,was thinking of getting radio panel but not sure now if I cant get it working in fsx.Don't even know for sure if I have to start SPAD first or fsx.Can post some images if anyone can help.

Chris

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

Hi been following the posts with interest. Not had panels before so cant comment on the 2 versions of SPAD. Tried to setup SPADNext profile for Cessna 172SP the panel lights up but cant change any values so clearly not doing it right. All I want is for the panel to work as it does in x-plane with the plugin which needs no special action.. Was thinking ,was thinking of getting radio panel but not sure now if I cant get it working in fsx.Don't even know for sure if I have to start SPAD first or fsx.Can post some images if anyone can help.

Chris

Chris, I ran into the same thing three months ago. Thought by now there would be more profiles available from the author. My update notices say so. Check into that and it may ease your transition. I am still using an early 2016 version for which I spent time working out for the aircraft and controls I use.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi, following a suggestion by airernie I have installed SPAD (after uninstallibg SPADneXt) and my panel worked straight away.......out of the box.

For me that's all I need at the moment. Perhaps I will have to look in more detail at SPADneXt later to see what it offers (perhaps someone could give me some details) but quite happy at the moment especially as SPAD needed no setting up etc.

Hopefully SPAD will prove reliable.

Thanks

Chris

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

Hopefully SPAD will prove reliable.

SPAD has been pretty much bulletproof for me for years.  I know that it doesn't have the massive flexibility that SPADneXt does, but it's fall of the log easy to use and usefully flexible, especially when combined with FSUIPC paid.

I expect that eventually I'll move to SPADneXt as there's no question that its a more powerful piece of software.  But for now SPAD does an admirable job.

In any case, glad you got things going!

Scott

Thanks Scott,  I am happy now but like you I will in time look at SPADneXt and see if it offers anything I need.

Chris

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0