Sign in to follow this  
flyer767

Error Message "Arrival runway in .rte file not in database".

Hello:

I am trying to understand this error and how to fix the problem. The NGX has been working perfectly until yesterday. I loaded a saved flight from KIAH - KMSY and received the error message "Arrival runway in .rte file not in database". Other flights work just fine as this only occurs on random flights. My screens also are blank but the engines are running.

I do not use .rte files and have not installed any new Navigraph products. All of my flight plans are .pln files so this does not make sense to me.

Thanks

Don

Hello:

I am trying to understand this error and how to fix the problem. The NGX has been working perfectly until yesterday. I loaded a saved flight from KIAH - KMSY and received the error message "Arrival runway in .rte file not in database". Other flights work just fine as this only occurs on random flights. My screens also are blank but the engines are running.

I do not use .rte files and have not installed any new Navigraph products. All of my flight plans are .pln files so this does not make sense to me.

Thanks

Don

How old is the saved route? If its from last year maybe its a problem because of the runway changes from 1/19 to 2/20? Just throwing that out there.

Richie Walsh

I rebuilt the flight and the error went away. I would like to know where this .rte file is stored so I could look at it because FSX is seeing it.

Thanks

Don

Should be in your main FSX folder under PMDG and then Flight Plans

Richie Walsh

Confusing, because the PMDG NGX doesn't use .pln files, which is the native format for FSX/P3D, but use the .rte format so saying you don't use .rte files removes any chances of understanding the problem.

How are you loading the saved flight plan?  Using the CO ROUTE feature in the FMS?  If so, then you are using rte format.  Please specify the runway problem too, such as which runway are you expecting to be in the flightplan?  How was the flight plan file originally created?

Dan Downs KCRP

I would like to know where this .rte file is stored so I could look at it because FSX is seeing it.
Press the Windows start button at the lower left of your desktop. Search programs and files appears right above the start button. Type in the name of the file you assigned to the route. Press enter and in a couple of minutes, you should see that file name and where it is located.