Sign in to follow this  
lewblok

pmdg 737-800 starts sitting at gate at full throttle

When I log onto FSX pick the boeing aircraft and the airport and the gate and click to flynow, the aircraft starts with auto throttle on and engines going full blast with throttle levers at idle, and autopilot is on and cannot set up a flight on FMC.  Do I need to reload the pmdg program or can I change so aircraft starts at gate running at idle or cold and dark?  Thanks for any replies

Lewis Block

Are you using the NGX as the aircraft in the default flight. If you are, switch to the trike or Cessna 172 as the aircraft. Don't load the NGX on top of the NGX. If you want to change liveries you must close FSX. Then start FSX and then load the desired livery.

If you are not doing any of the above, it sounds like you have a corrupted panel state that you may have corrupted yourself. Possibly the NGX default panel state. This would required an uninstall and an install. Cold and dark may not be corrupted  but I wouldn't trust it.

Did you change the default settings in the FMC to have your plane start dark and cold (for example)? i think the default is with engines running and ready to go but you can change that to what ever you want. I usually do dark and cold but others may have it already somewhat more ready (engines off but APU on)....