Sign in to follow this  

@HiFlyer

What about the Corsair 750D Airflow Edition?

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-750d-airflow-edition-full-tower-atx-case

I know someone who has one, he loves it.

£139.

Or the 760T

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/graphite-series-760t-arctic-white-full-tower-windowed-case

Both very nice. And of  course I like the options without the windows. I think I've outgrown (mostly) my "bling" phase, at least beyond the point where I once wanted disco lights and stuff.  :smile:

The power supplys also caught my eye! Very nice looking for cable management purposes, and something for me to think about.

I like my CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer.

Hmmmmmmm....... Case design (external) is a bit too flashy for me. I've gotten a taste for understated/elegant. (sometimes known as boring)

Having that many hard drives in a case is silly.  When you need that many drive bays, get a dedicated NAS on a 10 Gbit network, and it'll be much better.

Scout motto "Be Prepared!"

Might not ever use em' but it doesn't hurt to have em'  :dance:

Since I haven't updated in a few years, this is going to have to be a "from the ground up" build. I'm looking at everything, including stuff like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2543214

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm obviously biased because I've got one but the Phanteks Enthoo Pro is a great case, particularly for the money. Big, easy to work with and so many cooling options. Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBhmn21ylkc. I got the windowless model (even cheaper) as mine sits under my desk out of sight. Highly recommended.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm obviously biased because I've got one but the Phanteks Enthoo Pro is a great case, particularly for the money. Big, easy to work with and so many cooling options. Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBhmn21ylkc. I got the windowless model (even cheaper) as mine sits under my desk out of sight. Highly recommended.

Definitely a nice case but not quite for me, mostly because of the little door at the top, covering the USB ports and stuff. Eventually I would break that somehow, and have to cry.  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

While some look for the largest...

q18-11.jpg

And i fit my i7 6700K 4.8GHz / DDR4 3733MHz / GTX980-soon-to-be-1080 / Corsair "watercooler" and 3 SSDs in there :) :) :)

I'm with you. I hate big cases

Cheers :)

N.-

I'm with you. I hate big cases

And I hate microwave ovens for my graphics cards and cpu, which is what small cases can become.  :Nail Biting:

Devons rig

And I hate microwave ovens for my graphics cards and cpu, which is what small cases can become.  :Nail Biting:

Yeah. But I don't run super high end hardware with overclock.

I prefer seeing my GPU at 75 while gaming on summer than having a full tower that leaves no space on my desk the whole year :D

Also I am a sucker for 100% silent PC. That pushed me once to install an GeminiiS without the fan with my old i3!

The temps were fine! 100% fanless when listening to music or doing collage works

N.-

I prefer seeing my GPU at 75 while gaming on summer than having a full tower that leaves no space on my desk the whole year :D

What fun is it not to have the newest of the new if you are starting a fresh build..........  :wub:

Devons rig

What fun is it not to have the newest of the new if you are starting a fresh build..........  :wub:

Not possible when you live in a 3rd world country!

N.-

Not possible when you live in a 3rd world country!

I never thought of that.....  :sad:

Devons rig

Also I am a sucker for 100% silent PC. That pushed me once to install an GeminiiS without the fan with my old i3!

The temps were fine! 100% fanless when listening to music or doing collage works

Nothing wrong with opting for a super small case. In fact it's becoming quite a trend these days. And it's now possible of course to build a very powerful rig in a small space.

The new Lian Li cases are an interesting design, they can be even mounted on a wall...

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o7sw/

Also available in black.

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o5/

Also I am a sucker for 100% silent PC.

Me too, and it's very true that most of us over cool our PC's, even when we overclock. Case manufactures implement their latest designs, more fans, bigger fans, fans all over the place. And yes, it is a marketing ploy, they know we enthusiasts get a tingle in a naughty bits at such things... but all those fans certainly aren't required.

One good thing about big cases with multiple fans, is that we all have the facility to control their RPM. Many fans at low RPM is quieter and avoids stagnant air hot spots better than a couple of fans at high RPM.

Big cases are cooler of course, in accordance with the laws of fluid dynamics.

Big cases are cooler of course, in accordance with the laws of fluid dynamics.

I just have too many early experiences of small cases that wanted to double as ovens...... 

I've found that small cases seem to be fine for general computing, but as soon as you start cramming heavy heat emitting stuff in there like some of the huger graphics cards that double as thermal elements in pottery kilns, and some don't-touch-it-or-you-might-burn-your-fingers ram, in addition a toasty overclocked processor (in summertime!) things can quickly start getting......... frustrating.

I've known people who (before they went out of fashion) would use fancy toys like peltier coolers and other exotic solutions, but I've settled for a larger case with the nicest possible airflow.

I also tend to like full-sized motherboards with lots and lots of bells-and-whistles, and have a love for fancy sound cards. (yeah, I know)  :smile:

Devons rig

Another issue is that fans have to spin faster in a smaller case due to the restricted space and airflow.

My Define XL R2 doesn't need the fans spinning at a very high RPM, because it has its own atmosphere and weather systems :Tounge:

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

My case is so cool it can be used as a superconductor.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So what, my case is so cool it's a Bose-Einstein condensate and can slow light to the speed of a bike.

Beat that!