Sign in to follow this  

14 (count em!) 14 drive bays............  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA25V4300679

If you can't fit it all in there, you can't fit it anywhere.  :hi: 

11-129-201-02.jpg

11-129-201-07.jpg

11-129-201-06.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Huge...

Actually I briefly considered it for my build, but the coloured strip at the front freaked me out.  :smile:

Huge...

Actually I briefly considered it for my build, but the coloured strip at the front freaked me out.  :smile:

Yeah, don't like the green. The red is OK, but I would prefer all black.

I'm just doing some curious looking around, cause' when I grab My 1080 Gtx it will be part of a completely new build from the ground up.

This one is nice and huge two, but also monstrously pricey:

s10.jpg

s10.jpg

s10.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Great cases. Aluminium or steel? The only thing I don't like about the one above is all that stuff between the front and motherboard, restricting airflow.

I'm an aluminium freak. In my opinion, once we have sampled an aluminium case, we don't go back.

I have a Lian Li X510. Beautifully put together. Very expensive for what it is though. But I love it.

No optical bays, don't need em, have an external blue ray drive. And to be honest, that's an advantage as the three 120 fans at the front are really close to the motherboard for awesome cooling.

It's a tall case, with hard drive bays at the top. So two 120 fan mount at the rear.

Also has space for a 240 AIO at the top. Or indeed a 360 rad at the front.

The bottom mounted PSU vents are a joke though, very restrictive, and don't even align with my Enermax PSU fan. So I modified it for PSU fan up mounting.

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-x510/

You may like this guy...

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o8s/

The Antec case above even seems to have a balcony as a bonus :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

While some look for the largest...

q18-11.jpg

And i fit my i7 6700K 4.8GHz / DDR4 3733MHz / GTX980-soon-to-be-1080 / Corsair "watercooler" and 3 SSDs in there :) :) :)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

While some look for the largest...

q18-11.jpg

And i fit my i7 6700K 4.8GHz / DDR4 3733MHz / GTX980-soon-to-be-1080 / Corsair "watercooler" and 3 SSDs in there :) :) :)

You must be Doctor Who. The internal dimensions of your case exist in another dimension. It's bigger on the inside than outside.  :smile:

Any issues with temps in such a small case?

• Upvote 1

HAHAHAH that's true!!!!

No issues, temperature inside the case is usually on the 38c mark. Summer elevates a few degrees only, my house is 'fresh'.

Fresh air comes in from the front, crosses the watercooler radiator to the inside, keeping it cool. Any hot air remaining is exhausted by the top fan.

Both bigger heat producers exhaust directly to the outside of the case as well (GFX card and PSU).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

See, I learned early to go for the bigger cases not just for temperature control, but because my first experiences with small (cheap) cases led to skinned knuckles, fights with fitting and screwing motherboards and heat sinks in, and lots of cuts on jagged metal edges......

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Having that many hard drives in a case is silly.  When you need that many drive bays, get a dedicated NAS on a 10 Gbit network, and it'll be much better.

sig01.png

Yeah, i started big, got tired of it and went for Lian-Li high quality mini-ITX stuff. If i could have a single 2TB U.2 SSD i'd be in heaven.

Yeah, i started big, got tired of it and went for Lian-Li high quality mini-ITX stuff. If i could have a single 2TB U.2 SSD i'd be in heaven.

Actuality I was going to build my daughter a mini ITX system. With this case...

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q36/

In champagne gold.

She changed her mind at the last minute and bought a Macbook Air.

On the subject of Macbook Air's... anyone know anything about security for such. AV etc? PM me though so as not to divert this thread.

Devons rig

All said, Antec make great cases. I have their 900/2 and it's by far one of the best cases I've invested in. The rooftop 240mm fan alone justifies the purchase as it, and the 2 fans in the front and 2 more at the rear, plus a Noctua D-14 CPU cooler keep the O/c under control.