Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Need Some Help with An Odd Problem

Hello,

I need some help with a very odd problem that I have never ran into before.

When ever I hit the "P" key to pause X-Plane, my Command Prompt window opens and I cannot close it, even with the Task Manager. When I close it another Command Prompt window will pop up.

After several times trying to close the  Command Prompt window, it freezes X-Plane and will eventually cause X-Plane to crash completely.

I've tried to change the pause key to "Shift+Ctrl+P", but the same thing happens.

It is only doing it with X-Plane and no other program. If I pause P3D, it does not have any problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob

You didn't say what version of Windows you're using.  I agree, remove all plug-ins, restart and see what happens.

Another try would be to delete the preferences file and let X-Plane rebuild it.  (Save the old one in case that doesn't work so you don't have to reset everything).

It does sound like a plug-in issue in which a plug-in is trying to perform some function at command prompt level and is unable to complete it.  What does log.txt say?

All good suggestions.  I never thought about the plug-ins, but I have had some trouble with them recently.  I had to have "Poly-Pro" send me a new plug-in for my GoFlight MCP. The one that came with the software download was causing all kinds of strange happenings.