Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Dovetail - Anyone biting?

Just got an email stating that if you buy now, you will get the DA42. Someone said it is 64bit, but looking at videos is not always the best way to truly see the product.

Bob

I bought it. Curious to see how it feels/actually looks like.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Me too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I pre-ordered it, will run along side my FSX-SE (PMDG stuff only), P3D and Xplane

I'll wait until the full version comes out and read reviews on it. Not really interested in the school version, I already know how to fly. Right now I am really happy with P3D. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Geez, I have not really follow this much since they mentioned steam, but I just noticed that there are 2 products LOL 

The school and the flightsim. Wow, I should stop my skip reading. 

So, knowing there are 2, when will the Flight Simulator be released? I found a thread where Martin seemed to answer every question thrown at him and is very will

liked and respected here in the community. It sounds like the Simulator is going to be a long term commitment.

So all of you that have said yes your getting the school version, but what about the sim itself?

What is the most exciting thing you see in either of these 2 versions?

Bob

Geez, I have not really follow this much since they mentioned steam, but I just noticed that there are 2 products LOL 

The school and the flightsim. Wow, I should stop my skip reading. 

So, knowing there are 2, when will the Flight Simulator be released? I found a thread where Martin seemed to answer every question thrown at him and is very will

liked and respected here in the community. It sounds like the Simulator is going to be a long term commitment.

So all of you that have said yes your getting the school version, but what about the sim itself?

What is the most exciting thing you see in either of these 2 versions?

Bob

I think they are talking about the end of 2016 for the full version. I have watched a couple of videos on Youtube of the school version, and frankly was not impressed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As far as i am concerned, it depends on third-party support.

I am not expecting it to have any 'credible' addons by default, same applies to weather.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I am not expecting it to have any 'credible' addons by default

FTX Global not 'credible' enough for you

Someone said it is 64bit

64bit does not make a simulator better or nicer looking...

Unless there is not a new "world-shaking" simulator, I stay with P3D. Too much invested to make a transition to a new platform.

Also the Dovetail sim is based (at the end) on MS FSX technology.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Flight School looks terrible and the full version is a better FSX SE.

• Upvote 1

Been a Dovetail games customer for a couple of years. Most of their stuff works around 85%, and the bugs it comes with usually are there for keeps. 

There is a dedicated forum for Dovetail's flight school and sim with extensive threads covering all kinds of topics. Might want to check there for infos instead of posting in the P3D forum.

FTX Global not 'credible' enough for you

Can you fly FTX global?

But i understand, i didn't specify. I meant aircraft.

There is a dedicated forum for Dovetail's flight school and sim with extensive threads covering all kinds of topics. Might want to check there for infos instead of posting in the P3D forum.

good catch.  yeah, this thread really doesn't belong here...almost seems like someone is trying to drive a wedge through the P3D supporters.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit