Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Dovetail - Anyone biting?

I am sure 80% of the folks here will change oppinion tomorrow, towards a very positive side regarding DTG, their Flight School and the promissing Flight Simulator...

We're about to turn a page in the history of Civil Flight Simulation!

I hope you are right and I`m hoping the same.

But i just saw the new youtube videos from Squirrel and Froogle from today.

There are still a lot of bugs and mistakes in the Sim and it looks still awful. I hope it`s because they use preview Alphas and Betas.

We will see tomorrow.

Does anyone know what time this unlocks?

They expect tomorrow 24th at 17:00 UTC

Thanks. Thats 18.00BST right?

18:00 Lisbo time too... Will be at work until 21:00 :-(

I hope you are right and I`m hoping the same.

But i just saw the new youtube videos from Squirrel and Froogle from today.

There are still a lot of bugs and mistakes in the Sim and it looks still awful. I hope it`s because they use preview Alphas and Betas.

We will see tomorrow.

They ( Squirrel at least ) appear to be using simplified flight dynamics, with auto-coordination ON.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I am sure 80% of the folks here will change oppinion tomorrow, towards a very positive side regarding DTG, their Flight School and the promissing Flight Simulator...

We're about to turn a page in the history of Civil Flight Simulation!

are you late night drinking/uninstalling again? :P  :LMAO:

I haven't watched the latest videos and given the release is tomorrow I don't think there's any point in bothering. I do think however that we need to remember what DTG said was their rationale in creating Flight School - to introduce newbies to flight sim in an approachable manner.

This does not mean they intend to replicate a real flight school, in fact ISTR DTG Martin specifically ruling that out, but to follow the general flow that people might experience at a flight school. In the end though, the primary output from DTG's point of view will be people that have learnt the basics of flight simming , NOT flying in the real world, and are interested in taking it further. The fact that some lessons might be a bit light in places and maybe not use the "correct" terminology is really not a priority from DTG's perpective IMHO.

If existing simmers find the changes to FSX promising and are disposed to look favourably at DTG's flight simulator then that's a secondary objective.

Give people power to really test their personality.

are you late night drinking/uninstalling again? :P  :LMAO:

Both :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just got an email stating that if you buy now, you will get the DA42. Someone said it is 64bit, but looking at videos is not always the best way to truly see the product.

Bob

I can confirm DA42 has more than 64 bits. And no I don't like eating planes! Who do you think I am Michel Lotito...

:smile:

Sam Yeager -

I haven't watched the latest videos and given the release is tomorrow I don't think there's any point in bothering

I've only seen one of the very recent vids. Don't know if it's the beta from a week and a half ago or something more recent but it does look good under those conditions and that particular landscape.

From my point of view it's worth a watch, even if it's just from the point of what was currently right or wrong with that particular build.

(The scattering is particularly good here - especially from 7:55 although it's decent everywhere really)...

I not simming at the moment because I'm moving soon, but now that I am semi retired and have lost my aviation medical I intend to get back in the sim seat by the end of this year. As far as I am concerned there are only two players in the game. XPX and P3D. Hopefully I'll pickup XPX on sale between now and the end of the year specifically for IXEG 737 and hopefully we might see a P3D V4 in 32 bit and 64 bit. As far as I am concerned DTG Flight sim is not invited to the party. So I am out! By the time they catch up with the real contenders I will probably be pushing up the daisy's!

I not simming at the moment because I'm moving soon, but now that I am semi retired and have lost my aviation medical I intend to get back in the sim seat by the end of this year. As far as I am concerned there are only two players in the game. XPX and P3D. Hopefully I'll pickup XPX on sale between now and the end of the year specifically for IXEG 737 and hopefully we might see a P3D V4 in 32 bit and 64 bit. As far as I am concerned DTG Flight sim is not invited to the party. So I am out! By the time they catch up with the real contenders I will probably be pushing up the daisy's!

Rest In Peace  :P  :lol:

Tara.

Well today is the day, where are the first reviews?   :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

i had click on the icon a few times but nothing yet :-( ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.