Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Dovetail - Anyone biting?

It looks a lot more polished than FSX. Way way smoother, colours look credible and the effects on the aircraft wings look really nice.

I'm used to P3D now, so i'm not VERY impressed, but out of the box.... Nice job!

Tried placing a few sceneries in the ADDON SCENERY folder, it would just crash. Guess the BGL files aren't compatible or something.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Downloaded. Running. Non responsive controls and switches in free flight for some reason. So went to flying school. Wow its ultra smooth. Even peaked at 165 FPS hahaha.  AA is lacking as is some shimmering going on. The instructor is annoying, and im about to throw him overboard. Does he know they are analog instruments and not digital? cant get it exact. .

There not huge amounts of WOW factor here but I see alot of potential. And for any that start to bash it immedietly,.... remember P3D V1 sucked. FSX at the start sucked. Its not going to be the be all end all of simulators day 1. They got till end of year to take Constructive criticism and incorporate to the full flight sim.

• Upvote 4

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

File structure basically the same as FSX.  Not bad for a basic starter sim!

Yeah, it's very smooth, but that was also to be expected. Did the first five lessons and wondered why they didn't introduce the VS indicator. In general, I found the cub to be rather difficult to fly, the cherokee allowed for better maneuvering. I'd love to here what real newbies have to say about the lessons. I believe, they can be rather challenging, because the timing of the voice inputs isn't spot on. Sometimes you have to react rather quickly after the voice input has ended, which allows for no time to think about what has been said. Apart from that, the lessons feel easy and light, which is probably what they were aiming for.

Then I took a short flight from EDDK to EDDL with bad weather. Performance was worse (40-50fps), probably due to clouds, winds and lots of buildings and moving cars, had some long frames before touchdown, which was annoying. I do like the UI, although its a bit glitchy like in Frooglesims video, love the integrated logging tool, I do see some advances in lighting, but somehow they didn't get it quite right: It's way to brownish and the overall colours seem a bit off. A larger LOD would also have been desirable given VAS shouldn't be a problem any longer. Autogen popping is as annoying as it has always been. That's a must to fix for the full sim. The ground textures were clearly recognisable as ORBXish.

What else? Assigning buttons should have been made easier: There are lots of legacy button assignments like autopilot functions which are of no need here. It did recognise my t-flight hotas without problems though. 

There are also a lot of entirely NEW button assignments for features that do not yet exist... :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh boo ho...

not really sure what "biting" would mean... this is a closed product with no future expansion.

You can either decide to get it or not, but it is amusing to see all the closed minds with ridiculous comments and statements..

The price for this is less the the lowest I paid for a simple add-on.

Even it is's just for fun I am definitely buying it, so all the little trolls, you can take your bitterness elsewhere...

+1

• Upvote 1

I have never seen them remove even the most slanderous of criticisms

You said it. The criticism wasn't slanderous, It was just salient! But Fr. Bill has confessed to being responsible. Far enough! But I understand on good authority that this forum is run by DTG so they can do what they like!

I have thick skin and I don't give a He ho HUM what anyone says about me. Telling though that its me that's attacked and not what I said! :-P

Edit: BTW I just bought Aerofly FS2. Its a pleasure to support a developer who is truly doing something innovative! :smile:

But I understand on good authority that this forum is run by DTG so they can do what they like!

Unless that's a watertight fact, that is actually slanderous.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Unless that's a watertight fact, that is actually slanderous.

Is it? I guess you have exposed yourself a being FOS

I am not revealing my source, let them deny it! :-P LOL!

I think you may not understand some of the words you use.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

think you may not understand some of the words you use.

No i just type and read a lot faster than you do. :smile:

No i just type and read a lot faster than you do. :smile:

But you must not forget to "think" when you type as well....

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

This is 64 bit is it not? Checking Task Manager, everything maxed out using 3.1 gb and it shows I'm only using 35% of available memory! Ave. 80 fps.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

i cant get it to run at all :-( .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.