Sign in to follow this  
Captain Z

GTN750 Mod FIX for TBM850 version 2 update

With the release of the TBM 850 version 2 update, some problems were created for the integration of Bert Pieke's GTN 750 mod.

The biggest problem is not being able to use the autopilot panel in the VC, which means you lose the ability to set heading, altitude, etc.....

As I absolutely love the GTN 750 mod, and didn't want to fly the TBM 850 without it, I created an update to fix the compatibility issue.

I contacted Mr. Pieke, and he gave me his permission to distribute the fix/update to anyone who wants to use his GTN750 mod with the new Version 2 TBM850.

NOTE: This is only an update for the GTN750 mod. If you don't have the original GTN750 mod for the TBM850, you need to contact Bert Pieke through PM to get it.

The update enables you to use the autopilot panel in the VC again (as much as Carenado's autopilot works, anyways), and also adds compatibility with the updated shift+# pop-up windows.

If you would like the update, please send me a PM with your email, and I will send you the update as soon as I can.

2ic1x7d.jpg

I have updated the TBMv2 mod fix, so that the PFD popup window now works properly when you press shift + 1.

I will be mailing the new update to everyone who has requested the v2 fix so far, and will be sending the new version to all future requests.

- Captain Z

2ic1x7d.jpg

Thanks again, Captain, for your hard work.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks Capt.  I appreciate your willingness to share your mod with others.  It works great.

Bruce Ross

Bruce Ross

You are all most welcome. I'm glad we can all continue to fly with Mr. Pieke's wonderful GTN750 mod.

Happy flying,

- Captain Z

2ic1x7d.jpg

Hello could you please send me the Bert Pieke GTN750 Mod FIX for TBM850 version 2 update? You can send it to gaivy912@yahoo.com

Thank You I really appreciate it...

Hello could you please send me the Bert Pieke GTN750 Mod FIX for TBM850 version 2 update? You can send it to gaivy912@yahoo.com

Thank You I really appreciate it...

Send Bert a PM with your email address.  Don't list your email address in the forum.  Just so you know...........

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I applied Bert's mod and then the V2 mod from Captain Z.  AP seems to be working except for the altitude and VS knobs.  

I have applied V2 mod as well and like you the altitude and vs knobs do not work in VC, however, the knobs light up and you can turn them etc. Interestingly, I can use my VRinsight panel to adjust ALT and VS so I do have a work around.

Bruce

hello, I can pass you the VC of the TBM 850 if you do please  :smile:

Hello,

I tried different purposeful  "mistakes" with  the installation of the mod with the update, and was unable to reproduce the issue with the alt and vs. They worked normally for me. This was while using the sim P3D v2.

I have just updated to a fresh install of P3D v3, and downloaded the TBM850 v2 and installed it as well. On initial use, the alt and vs controls appear to not work.

I'm not sure if it's related to P3D v3, or if there is a more recent version of the TBM v2 that I downloaded and installed.

Now that I have the issue reproduced, I will look into it, time allowing, and see if I can figure out the cause, and a fix for the issue.

Anyone who has this issue, please post what sim you are currently using, if possible.

Thank you,

Captain Z

2ic1x7d.jpg

I’m using W10, P3D V3.4, and using the V2 TBM mod.  I can confirm the alt and vs don’t appear.  However if I bring up the PFD by pressing Shift + 1 they work in the 2D display.  I’ve noticed sometime later during the flight the alt just appears in the PDF.  Then, if I adjust the alt for descent I have to bring up the 2D PFD again.

I had this problem with the previous version of P3D V3 as well.

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

I’m using W10, P3D V3.4, and using the V2 TBM mod.  I can confirm the alt and vs don’t appear.  However if I bring up the PFD by pressing Shift + 1 they work in the 2D display.  I’ve noticed sometime later during the flight the alt just appears in the PDF.  Then, if I adjust the alt for descent I have to bring up the 2D PFD again.

I had this problem with the previous version of P3D V3 as well.

Bruce R

i'm using w8.1, FSX:Steam and using the V2 TBM mod. i have the same problem