Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Airspeed & Autopilot questions.

I'm having difficulty in having the A/P track the GTN. Now, I spent my life working autopilot systems on military aircraft and big jets but this is the hokiest thing I have ever expereinced.

I read the manual (more like a pamphlet) about it, I know the two left switch positions on the white rotary knob do the same thing.

I know Roll has to be engaged first but it always seems to drift.

Does that Autopilot Turn knob actually do anything in the sim or is it just for looks ala most of Carenado's offerings.

I know it's a far cry from an A2A but since they don't make a Shrike this will have to do.

Also, I'm making a long distance flight as I type this and I'm at 14K feet and cannot get the speed above 110kts. Is this absymally slow speed normal? I've tried all combinations of throttle, prop and mixture and cannot get it to speed up. I tired all combinations of cowl flaps too. And with ASN on I have an 8 knot tailwind.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

I'm having difficulty in having the A/P track the GTN. Now, I spent my life working autopilot systems on military aircraft and big jets but this is the hokiest thing I have ever expereinced.

I read the manual (more like a pamphlet) about it, I know the two left switch positions on the white rotary knob do the same thing.

I know Roll has to be engaged first but it always seems to drift.

Does that Autopilot Turn knob actually do anything in the sim or is it just for looks ala most of Carenado's offerings.

I know it's a far cry from an A2A but since they don't make a Shrike this will have to do.

Also, I'm making a long distance flight as I type this and I'm at 14K feet and cannot get the speed above 110kts. Is this absymally slow speed normal? I've tried all combinations of throttle, prop and mixture and cannot get it to speed up. I tired all combinations of cowl flaps too. And with ASN on I have an 8 knot tailwind.

Thanks.

Their is a discussion about this in the 'Autopilot' thread.

bob

I looked there, all they talk about is FSUIPC which I do not use.

Plus, not one mention in that thread about that Roll knob, is it modeled or is it just another Carenado eye candy.

I only bought this because of Bob Hoover, I liked Bob, it's just a shame Carenado leaves about half the system not modeled in place of gee whiz eye candy.

Jack Sawyer

For speed issue try this Jack in aircraft.cfg file change this thrust_scalar = 1.00   to thrust_scalar = 1.25  - this will help you  :wink: good luck Buddy

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard, you are a very real asset to this site. I will try this as soon as I land in KSEZ, if I ever get there! LOL!

Jack Sawyer

Thanks Richard, you are a very real asset to this site. I will try this as soon as I land in KSEZ, if I ever get there! LOL!

Your welcome my friend - it will be better promise  :wink:

Rich Sennett