Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Breaking: Egypt Air Vanished From Radar

Sad news 

ZORAN

The likelihood now of this not being catastrophic is very low now. Most likely some sort of inflight breakup.

God rest the souls of those lost and their families hearts. I pray the outcome will be good, but should it not be, I pray for their peace. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

The likelihood now of this not being catastrophic is very low now. Most likely some sort of inflight breakup.

"catastrophic" absolutely doesn't have to imply "inflight breakup". Yes, most likely it was a catastrophic event of some kind but it is impossible to say anything more.

Unfortunately since the plane never reappeared or landed and is still missing, I'd expect that there will be no survivors.

Prays to the victims and their families.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"catastrophic" absolutely doesn't have to imply "inflight breakup". Yes, most likely it was a catastrophic event of some kind but it is impossible to say anything more.

From the information available right now it seems highly unlikely that it descended in one piece let alone in a controlled manner. Inflight breakup seems the most plausible at this time.

From the information available right now

.. what information? There is no information besides that flight is missing.

EgyptAir 990 also 'disappeared' in 1999 an no 'in flight' beak up was involved. So did Egyptian Flash Air 604- no in-flight beak-up. Many flights disappeared one way or another with no in-flight break-up. Actually in-flight break-up is pretty rare.

• Upvote 2

Prayers to all affected by this sad news and may God rest the souls of the departed.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

.. what information? There is no information besides that flight is missing.

EgyptAir 990 also 'disappeared' in 1999 an no 'in flight' beak up was involved. So did Egyptian Flash Air 604- no in-flight beak-up. Many flights disappeared one way or another with no in-flight break-up. Actually in-flight break-up is pretty rare.

Fair enough, I'm just suggesting that this was most likely no accident. Here is a graphic with the flight's possible movements, http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/5/19/e5b87ea0-c659-48d8-8432-fedaa6aee536.png

Looks like wreckage has been found.

Considering the good weather conditions i'd guess that it was probably a bomb or some type of a terrorist activity that brought the flight down .

• Upvote 1

Now they're saying the wreckage has not been found.

RIP.

Assuming no terrorism, I wonder if it will be either a type "Stalling a Bus at high altitude" or a "Let me back in" incident again.

Sad, nevertheless.

Cheers,

RIP....Hope the families get the answers they need.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.