Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

Screen white out on FS2004 start-up

Hi guys I'm having a strange problem using FS9 with my IFly 737NG  whenever I go into my fs2004 and all the menus and plane interfaces  the brightness is way too high, i've tried to adjust the brightness on my Computer screen, but i'm a little hesitant to fiddle around with the Controls-Display-Hardware or other areas in the FS2004 adjustment menus, I wonder if anyone could advise how I can get back to a normal brightness level when using the FS2004 or ammendments I should make

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard, if the iFly 737NG has a brightness setting for the MFD, PFD and any other screens or gauges, reset them all to default or recommended. iFly do issue service packs and updates quite often, it may be worth checking that you have the latest version installed. Just for peace of mind you could also reset your monitor and display brightness settings to default or recommended, and if you use NVidia Inspector or RadeonPro, reset all the FS2004 Gamma correction settings to default or recommended there.

Hi thank you very much for the detailed info, I think the problem may stem from the FS2004 before I even select an Aircraft the opening FS2004 menus are over bright, its been alright in the past so strange previously I installed Rex extreme clouds but after uninstalling that the problem still continued and I didn't have the problem with this package in the past  anyway thank you I'll look to the monitor again and see if i can find a suitable setting

Many Thanks

Richard

Well I tried all your kind suggestions and though I can control the brightness whatever is causing this issue has affected the scenery reducing it to a cartoon really taking the realism away I have tried numerous adjustments within the fs2004 Display area but the airport scenery looks so much different all my airports now resembling the default FS2004 ones any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you

Richard

the airport scenery looks so much different all my airports now resembling the default FS2004 ones

Hi Richard, could you post a screenshot please? A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say!

Hello, thank you again, i'm sorry to be slow i'm not sure the process of uploading screenshots on here could you point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

Richard

I use Photobucket, registration is quick and you can drag and drop your images into your library. Next you just click on the picture you want to upload here, select the html link. Then select the picture link icon here and paste the link into the box.

Thank you once again, i've decided on a clean install if that hasn't cured anything i'll drop some shots on here, it's so frustrating, even if I go to change anything in the dropdown menu for weather or anything else I return to the screen to find it has gone way too bright  must be a graphics problem but not sure how to go about things regarding the graphics but now even if i eliminate the brightness the airports look awaeful like the FS2004 ones lifeless blocks lacking the colour and reality anyway thank you very much again for your great help !

Richard