Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

What simulator do you use...

X-Plane at the second place after P3D? Come on, guys, there is still potential!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Just a heads-up to those who may have tried and failed to log in: I had to sign up to the Aerosoft Forum, my existing username and password were for Sales only, but signing up took less than 2 minutes.

Personally, I don't see the point in voting.  I would have to have hope beyond belief to think that FS2004 will be considered in any future development projects.  I think the only developer still in the running is UK2000.

Dijvid

Maybe we won't see anything from Aerosoft anytime soon but other developers still produce FS9 airports.  Besides UK2000, recently we got Leige from BDO Aviation; Salzburg and St. Petersburg from Digital Designs; Chisinau from Drzewiecki Design; Kharkiv from Babich design; and Kuala Lumpur not that long ago from A_A Sceneries, which said recently in a FSDeveloper forum that the plan is to do Beijing for FS9. Not too bad for a sim that is supposedly dead in the water.  No doubt some of the big name developers are done with FS9.  Flytampa didn't respond (as far as I know) to the unofficial FS9 begging forum for its Sydney airport even with 10,000 views, which is probably a record for any of its forum subject threads.  Flytampa is not likely to be swayed by any poll, but who knows, maybe some the developers I noted and maybe others might see this poll.  Why not show support for our favourite sim.  It can't hurt to vote.  

Greg

CYQR Regina

Personally, I don't see the point in voting.  I would have to have hope beyond belief to think that FS2004 will be considered in any future development projects.  I think the only developer still in the running is UK2000.

Dijvid

I do agree that it is highly un-likely Aerosoft will make anything for FS9 again, but if that is the case then why do they ask these type of questions if they have no intention to develop for FS9?

Maybe we won't see anything from Aerosoft anytime soon but other developers still produce FS9 airports.  Besides UK2000, recently we got Leige from BDO Aviation; Salzburg and St. Petersburg from Digital Designs; Chisinau from Drzewiecki Design; Kharkiv from Babich design; and Kuala Lumpur not that long ago from A_A Sceneries, which said recently in a FSDeveloper forum that the plan is to do Beijing for FS9. Not too bad for a sim that is supposedly dead in the water.  No doubt some of the big name developers are done with FS9.  Flytampa didn't respond (as far as I know) to the unofficial FS9 begging forum for its Sydney airport even with 10,000 views, which is probably a record for any of its forum subject threads.  Flytampa is not likely to be swayed by any poll, but who knows, maybe some the developers I noted and maybe others might see this poll.  Why not show support for our favourite sim.  It can't hurt to vote.  

Greg

CYQR Regina

Don't forget Tropicalsim and ImagineSim. They still make scenery for FS9.

Unfortunately, ImagineSim have recently stated on their facebook that they will no longer be doing FS9 sceneries.

Graeme Butler

Hi,

I'm well aware that many companies have stopped developing for FS9. And that they probably won't be convinced by this poll. However, I thought that it wouldn't be wrong to get a little more realistic picture, as 40% X-Plane and 50% P3D (how it was when I looked there first) seemed to be "slightly distorted".

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Unfortunately, ImagineSim have recently stated on their facebook that they will no longer be doing FS9 sceneries.

Well that sucks. I was looking foward to their updated Changi scenery. It was supposed to include the military parking in the new version.

It's only a few hundred votes.  The poll needs has to collect at least 2000 to be statistically significant.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks for letting us know, Harald; added my 2 cents to the tally.  FS9 of course.

John G.

It would be a bonus to see anything new but I've got enough already to keep me satisfied for at least another decade! Not even the slightest interest in moving to any of the other offerings out there.

Mark Daniels