Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

....Ok.......I caved  . :Worried:

Will test later and report back.

DB

DB

Thumbs up. Just tested the Aerofly sim, didn't encourage me to try the Wilco now but I am still in for the bet. After all, the Steam purchase is refundable, the Wilco is not.

Hans

...Ok.......I caved  .

So did I. Curious to see what you think.

Hans

DB

Looking forward to hearing your reports !

Joe Lorenc

Are you running FSX, FSX:SE or P3d?

I ask because I'm running FSX (definitely installed the FSX version) and can't seem to find the aircraft in the aircraft list. After install, when the config utility ran, an error message appeared saying it couldn't find dll.xml....and asking if I'd like it to create one.  I found this quite strange so I backed up the existing dll.xml before clicking yes.

After that, couldn't find the 7x in the aircraft list.....found that the install had created a new dll.xml under a Prepar3d folder structure.

Currently playing with it to see if I can get the aircraft to work.

On the other hand, after reading some of the documentation....it appears they did put some work into the avionics and systems. I'll reserve further comment until I see it in action.

Standby for more.

DB

Are you running FSX, FSX:SE or P3d?

I ask because I'm running FSX (definitely installed the FSX version) and can't seem to find the aircraft in the aircraft list. After install, when the config utility ran, an error message appeared saying it couldn't find dll.xml....and asking if I'd like it to create one.  I found this quite strange so I backed up the existing dll.xml before clicking yes.

After that, couldn't find the 7x in the aircraft list.....found that the install had created a new dll.xml under a Prepar3d folder structure.

Currently playing with it to see if I can get the aircraft to work.

On the other hand, after reading some of the documentation....it appears they did put some work into the avionics and systems. I'll reserve further comment until I see it in action.

Standby for more.

DB

I'd try a reinstall, but first check to see if it's in your sim objects folder. I also bought it, going to give it a few more hours of testing.

I'd try a reinstall, but first check to see if it's in your sim objects folder. I also bought it, going to give it a few more hours of testing.

Figured it out. It wasn't the dll.xml file.

On the first run of the config tool, I changed the aircraft ID's and tail numbers for some of the aircraft (using the utility). After 3rd reinstall, leaving everything as-is, it has now showed up in my aircraft menu.

Off to the races! 

DB

Installed without problems. Config tool not working without the migration tool with Prepar3D 3.2 but ok with MT on (seems that the tool is looking for a Prepar3D version up to 2,x). AIRAC cycle was recognized so can confirm that the database is current. Most switches work. Lights don't dim but are not too bright either.

Quick summary: The 7x does look better from the inside and the outside than expected. Flight dynamics and navigation still to be tested.

More to come, bear with me, it's 2:26 AM here and I gotta work today. 

Hans

OMG you brave souls. Keep us informed. Thx

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On taxi out now...

Initial impressions:

Bad:

Sounds are subpar. I work with one of these aircraft every day. As far as I can tell, these sounds weren't recorded anywhere near a 7x.....or maybe they weren't mixed well.

Visuals....nose gear strut seems to be sitting a little low.

FMC Programming....Can't create a flightplan from scratch in the FMS (as far as I can tell) - you have to load a pre-existing FSX flightplan....not the end of the world though. (I will check to see if / how well the flightplans can be edited once loaded).

Good:

They definitely spent some time on the systems.

FMC Programming - Cant create a flightplan from scratch, but you can load Navigraph SIDS/STARS into your flightplan. The aircraft automatically calculates V speeds based on ambient conditions and length of the selected runway etc. 

Cockpit systems - The real aircraft uses a trackball to make selections on the PFD, MFD etc. The Wilco 7x lets you use the mouse to make selections and changes on the screens (in the same way the old Feelthere E-Jets did, or the way the PMDG 777 does for the checklist selections)

Integrated checklists etc....integrated everything actually....nav/com radios, transponder....

So far......Carenado could learn a thing or two from these guys on systems modelling. Wilco could also learn a thing or two about visuals from Carenado. Both could use TSS's (Turbine Sound Studio's) help.

More to come after departure......

DB

Another update......can't tell if the autopilot is buggy, or if I'm not using it properly. I'm 50/50 on that one because I was having trouble getting it to do what I want, but this system is very foreign to me.

Time to hit the manuals again.

DB

Hi DaviiB, im thinking about getting this one tonight, really! but can you tell me a little about fps, texture loading time etc. is she smooth on fps?

best regards

Buspelle

Can you report on this "squeezed screen" issue I mentioned? On the screenshots and in the advertising video it seems that the content on the screens in the cockpit is squeezed, meaning: a round navigation rose is not round anymore, but elliptic. Is that really like this in the final product or an artifact of the screenshots/video?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi guys!

Can you select the heading or course? I just can select 1 or 359. I agree the sound is awful. Even with FSX-SE closed I still have the sound for few seconds :Shame On You: . I could not start the engines according to the checklist(I selected full realism in the settings box shift 2). Furthermore this is not, IMO, a fps friendly plane. . I forget to notice anti-collision light on even with all power off.Too bad this beauty deserves a much better treatment. For the time being,  I'm gonna sitick to my beloved Citation X and trying time to time to fly this Dassault 7X

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

On the screenshots and in the advertising video it seems that the content on the screens in the cockpit is squeezed, meaning: a round navigation rose is not round anymore, but elliptic. Is that really like this in the final product or an artifact of the screenshots/video?

AnkH, this is an artifact of the screenshots/video.

Jean-Jacques

• Upvote 1

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI