Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

Hi guys!

Can you select the heading or course? I just can select 1 or 359. I agree the sound is awful. Even with FSX-SE closed I still have the sound for few seconds :Shame On You: . I could not start the engines according to the checklist(I selected full realism in the settings box shift 2). Furthermore this is not, IMO, a fps friendly plane. . I forget to notice anti-collision light on even with all power off.Too bad this beauty deserves a much better treatment. For the time being,  I'm gonna sitick to my beloved Citation X and trying time to time to fly this Dassault 7X

Cheers

Pat

Pat,

Same here with the heading, please send in a report (I sent mine in yesterday,) 

I also have problems with:

I cannot select vertical speed. (Between that and cannot change vertical profile in the FMS it makes it really hard to descend using the AFCS.)

I cannot change between IAS and Mach. 

At FL470 the airplane will porpoise changing altitude 1,000 fpm each direction. It cannot hold an altitude.

Using Climb the airplane will ignore Altitudes set in the Altitude Selector. 

Autothrottles operate very slowly allowing the aircraft to zoom well past airspeed you are trying to hold. (Autothrottles should be more predictive.)

Falcon's 7x flyby wire system does not seem to operate according to the reports on Flying Magazine. This airplane should be a point it in a direction and the FBW should hold the aircraft in that position. The Wilco version does not do this nor does it allow typical trimming (trim adjustment gets locked out and I cannot adjust it.) 

Huge stutters in flight causing FSX to lockup for 10 to 30 seconds at times. 

On the plus side what does work seems to be well modeled. The Avionics seem very complex and are of course poorly documented. There is capability that I have barley scratched the surface of mostly due to the above bugs.

The aircraft does notice I had Navigraph 1605 installed and updated itself to that version. The procedures I tried looked about right, but I have not had a chance to really test it. It also notices the flightplan you loaded into FSX and loads it into the FMS. You can also load any flightplan stored in FSX format. I have not figured out how to manually build a flight plan yet. (Maybe broken clickspots on the displays?)

Externally the graphics and modeling of this airplane remind me of 10 years ago. This is not Carenado quality graphics or modeling. Inside the panel looks like a line diagram poster. No depth of textures are present. The systems and FDE could be the shining star of this product but currently there are bugs. Please guys if you have bugs report them. One person is ignored, 10 or 20 start to get developer's attention.

Wish I would have waited, but a beta tester stated how wonderful this aircraft was, of course he was running P3D and I am on FSX:Steam.

Well someone has to ask so here goes - can we stick a GTN 750 in it (Bert)?

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm having the same issues with the heading select.

Altitude hold - it was porpoising for a bit, but I managed to get it to settle down...it was rock solid after that, even with 4x time acceleration....so I'm not sure what caused it. (more tests needed)

Same with the IAS/Mach select.

It hand-flies just fine as far as I can tell....but I need more than one flight to determine that for sure. Takeoff run and landing characteristics seemed about right for the weights I was at.

The documentation is more than I was expecting, but still isn't as comprehensive as it should be for an aircraft his complex.  Half of my problem is that I'm not familiar with the autoflight logic of a 7x.   (I speak fluent Boeing, Airbus, Cessna and Bombardier....but not Falcon)

A proper tutorial flight would have been invaluable, as right now I can't tell whether some things are not working properly, or if it's operator error.

Still......someone put quite a bit of work into the integrated systems on this bird. Just need to figure out how to get it to act right once it's in the air.....and sound something like a 7x.

More to come as I do further tests.

EDIT: I have submitted a support ticket as well for the aforementioned items..plus a couple more.

DB

Thanks Ken and Pat, I can confirm your observations, filed a ticket with Wilco. Well, another unfinished product but some of us need to sacrifice ourselves to keep others from being disappointed and to keep the publishers from selling too many units before they fix bugs. Talking about fixing though we know that this sometimes just doesn't happen.  :mad: 

Hans

Well someone has to ask so here goes - can we stick a GTN 750 in it (Bert)?

Oddly, I don't think that would be necessary. With the exception of being able to create flightplans from scratch in the sim (and possibly being able to DTO to different points in the loaded flightplan).....I don't think the GTN would really add any functionality to the 7x.

Technically, the aircraft already does (almost?) everything the GTN can do, if not more. (provided the functions actually work).

DB

The Eaglesoft Citation X is a terrific model of a Long Range, high speed business jet.

I wouldn't go near anything that used a default GPS instead of the correct FMS, and to be honest Wilco has IMO gone downhill since the 737 Pilot in Command days (a long time ago).

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The Eaglesoft Citation X is a terrific model of a Long Range, high speed business jet.

I wouldn't go near anything that used a default GPS instead of the correct FMS, and to be honest Wilco has IMO gone downhill since the 737 Pilot in Command days (a long time ago).

Best wishes.

I agree with you on the Citation X, but this aircraft is in a completely different league (from a capability standpoint).

To clarify.....technically it doesn't use the default GPS.....kindof difficult to explain, but it uses FSX format flightplans (which can be pre-built in FS Build, PFPX etc...or the default FSX Flightplanner). Navigraph SIDS/STARS can be loaded afterward.  The flightplan can be modified after the fact.....I will test to see where those waypoints come from (Navigraph or FSX default)....

DB

I agree but unfortunately I have issues with that product and my system. I think we determined it may be a sound driver issue associated with W10. But, AVSIM, like they seem to do with any discussion ESDG related, locked the thread prior to figuring things out.

So I ask for the sake of those who really want to communicate about this product can we please leave ESDG out of this discussion. 

Some of us would like to just discuss the Falcon 7x without all the drama and locked threads.

Thank you,

Well, spent some time with this on FSXsteam.  AP does seem a little buggy.  Having some trouble selecting an altitude.  Course selector does only go to 1 and 359, however, in LNAV mode, I can see the course bug moving on the compass rose.  Not exactly sure how the throttles are working.  Seems to be some type of auto throttle system.  SIDS/STARS seem to load okay, and the sim did recognize my current Navigraph data.  You can build a flight plan from scratch, but the FMS is not very intuitive.  "Touch screens" through out which is nice.  HUD is a nice touch, but haven't figured out if you can change colors. EZCA external cams don't seem to be working, but cockpit cams are fine.  I did get an installation error after the program said it installed successfully.  Dialogue box pops up saying simulator configuration file could not be found and program cannot continue.  Plane seems to load fine, but this could be the source of some of the problems I'm having.  I did submit a ticket for that error.  

I'm probably not as adverse to Wilco as others.  I thought they did a pretty good job at getting patches out for the TBM850 and I'm pretty happy with that one.  Hopefully they are just as responsive with the Falcon.  Considering the development time, I would have liked this bad boy to run great right out of the box.  Some of this might be learning curve too, we'll see.

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

I bought it.  The plane has some great potential, but the current state of the autopilot makes it un-flyable in my opinion.  Has anyone gotten it to intercept and hold an altitude?  It just continuously pitches up and down, the ALT button on the autopilot only activates on occasion.  It also seems to shake when reaching about 280 KIAS during climb.  I hope they can get this figured out, it could be a great plane.

John

Although tempted by it, I decided not to dive into getting the Falcon X and having read the previous posts I think I made the correct decision. I was not happy with the quality of the Wilco Citation X which I replaced with the Eaglesoft version and I also made the mistake of purchasing the Wilco A380 in my quest to find a half-decent version of this airliner and again I was disappointed. At one stage up until the FS9 era, Wilco seemed to produce some reasonably good products, but they have not kept pace with the simulator advancements and quality which we now expect almost as standard in payware aircraft developed for FSX. Their internal and external models also leave a bit to be desired unfortunately.

Bill

I bought it because I waited for it a long time but as usual my curiosity didn't do me good. How can you release an aircraft model with a non working heading bug? How can you release anything which makes a sim a stutter feast at 40 fps? Maybe they will listen and improve it because I agree that there is potential but I am not too hopeful. Sadly, not even one reaction from the developer yet. Time to move on for the moment I guess.

Hans

How can you release an aircraft model with a non working heading bug? How can you release anything which makes a sim a stutter feast at 40 fps? 

If there is one publisher during the last years that went downhil at mach 0.80 regarding quality and support it is Wilcopub.

A long time ago I decided to avoid them.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Just got a reply from them that a patch is imminent. At least they are working on some improvements. 

Hans

Just got a reply from them that a patch is imminent. At least they are working on some improvements. 

Good to hear, is anyone else having a problem with the anti-col button, it does not allow me to turn off the beacon or strobes.