Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

Just got a reply from them that a patch is imminent. At least they are working on some improvements. 

I also heard from them. I responded with cutouts from the actual AFM on areas they stated don't operate how I anticipated they should. They only agreeded to fix the Heading bug issue.

The Eaglesoft Citation X is a terrific model of a Long Range, high speed business jet.

I wouldn't go near anything that used a default GPS instead of the correct FMS, and to be honest Wilco has IMO gone downhill since the 737 Pilot in Command days (a long time ago).

Best wishes.

Hopefully Wilco gets this bird sorted out. Since we are not allowed to have a Gulfstream, this seemed like the perfect replacement. Or a nice Global Express. As far as the ESDG goes, I really like the aircraft, and purchased it once it came out for P3D. Unfortunately for me though, I use a 4K monitor on Win 10 and the instruments do not like the running at that resolution. The answer I received was to disable windows font scaling whenever I wanted to fly that aircraft. That seems to be a bit excessive as every other aircraft I own scales perfectly well. Hopefully ESDG's 560 and 605 don't have the same issues.I know there are many of us out here in search of a business jet with decent legs, and correctly modeled systems.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Matt, your post is answered in our forum. Please do not post ES issues in a another devs thread. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hello,

I bought it yesterday and after two flights which I cancelled mid-air I sent a support ticket to them:

Flight Planning:
- Flightplan loading only works once
- SIDs are always vector departures, no waypoints, Altitude / Speed Constraits are not available
- When trying to add waypoints to the flightplan many waypoints are not recognised / too far away

Systems:
- The fuel system always takes fuel from tank 1. Switches of the fuel section on the overhead panel have no effect, when tank 1 is empty all engines switch off
- Pressurisation system not working (even on AUTO mode), switches on the Overhead panel have no effect
- Throttle range is only effective above 60 % forward
- PDU does not contain any speed tape markings (V1/Vr/V2/Flaps/VNE etc.), no callouts either
- MDU1 Flightplan waypoint markings are not displayed on the map (only magenta line), displays always additionally a direct line between origin and destination

Autopilot:
- Heading Bug only displays 359/1
- MCP Knobs with Middle Mouse Button klicks are not available with EZDok, because EZdok uses the middle mouse button for panning mode
- MCP Altitude Scale scrolls only in hundreds (xx100 ft) which makes it a pain to dial high altitudes
- VNAV climbs are always at +2500ft/min, no thrust modes, at 10.000 ft only thrust increase instead of pitch adjustment, no ToC/ToD calculations
- aircraft tends to "wobble" in cruise altitude (Nose pitching up and down)

These are only the ones that make it entirely unflyable for me. All in all this plane is too much default under the hood for the real-world model being so complex. To make it a good product they should rework it entirely with a cusom FMS / Autopilot system instead of relying on the default GPS map and AP. Too much is missing, not working as intended or mot working at all. But I don't think Wilco are in the mood for investing such an amount of work into this product. This is just not the complex BizJet we've been waiting for.

Thanks for the detailed report Jan, I didn't even get that far. Disappointing it is. Now let's focus our hopes again on the developer who doesn't like to be mentioned here.  :wink:

Hans

All in all, these bugs sound very much like the glitches that plagued the original E-Jets release, like 10 years ago. It's a shame that the developer hasn't learned, but the E-Jets ended up being a great product after a patch or two. I'm interested to hear feed back from users after the first patch.

Joe Sherrill

I really hope with you and will report back, however I took a look back at posts from the E-Jets' release and the Falcon 7X in its current state is even far behind that. While the real aircraft is really complex for flightsim standards with some real crackers like FBW and the EASy Avionics which haven't been appeared very often in MS flightsims before.The visual model is okay whilst being behind standard and the system logic seems to be quite well developed. But Autopilot and FMS are just catastrophic. And it's bugs everywhere. I cannot understand how they would release something in this state. I am truly dissapointed and my hopes for an add-on at the level of the E-Jets or Wilco Airbuses are quite small...

All in all, these bugs sound very much like the glitches that plagued the original E-Jets release, like 10 years ago. It's a shame that the developer hasn't learned, but the E-Jets ended up being a great product after a patch or two. I'm interested to hear feed back from users after the first patch.

There often seems to be confusion about Wilco's involvement in previous releases. The E-Jets (and the ERJ) were developed exclusively by FeelThere. In their later versions they became excellent products.

The finished products were published and marketed by Wilco.  The two companies were, and still are, quite seperate. Regretably the FeelThere team appear to have stopped further aircraft developments.

More recently Wilco started to develop their own products in house, with somewhat disapointing results. Their CRJ Nextgen comes to mind. And with this latest Falcon 7x release, from the comments here, they don't seem to be doing themselves any favours.

• Upvote 2

John B

Any chance for some more screenshots?

Damn that Cockpit does look sad in comparison to the real one

Can some of You who bought the plane give me some indication regarding fps? Please...

Im running fsx, not steam. Win764, Nvidia 660 GTX.

Regards

Per

Can some of You who bought the plane give me some indication regarding fps? Please...

Im running fsx, not steam. Win764, Nvidia 660 GTX.

Regards

Per

It's pretty bad.. kinda disappointed. I'm running 2 GTX 970's and cpu at 3.5ghz and I'm averaging 20-30 fps in medium density areas

Anyone hear anything from Wilco Tech Support since Friday? I sent them a bunch of information that supports AFCS operations and haven't heard a thing since the "...we forwarded your e-mail to technical staff..."