Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

Typical Wilco. Version 1.0a was released without so much as a peep. 

1.0a can be downloaded but it doesn't even fix the hdg select bug despite that they claim just that on their FB page. At least they seem to work on something but that something is hard to define.

Hans

I got a response from support and installed v1.0a but it only fixed the fuel tank logic for me.

- SIDs are always vector departures, Altitude / Speed Constraits are not available
⇒ That is correct. Only waypoint/course is modeled.

- When trying to add waypoints to the flightplan many waypoints are not recognised / too far away
⇒ We don’t understand what you mean.

- The fuel system always takes fuel from tank 1. Switches of the fuel section on the overhead panel have no effect, when tank 1 is empty all engines switch off
⇒ Thats pretty much how Flight Simulator works.

- Pressurisation system not working (even on AUTO mode), switches on the Overhead panel have no effect

- Throttle range is only effective above 60 % forward

- PDU does not contain any speed tape markings (V1/Vr/V2/Flaps/VNE etc.), no callouts either
⇒ No, there are no callouts. Please refer to pages 16-80 of the Falcon Avionics Quick Start.pdf manual to see the speed tape markings you are referring to.

- MDU1 Flightplan waypoint markings are not displayed on the map (only magenta line), displays always additionally a direct line between origin and destination
⇒ What ‘markings’ are you looking for ? We are using a standard FS GPS/Map.

- Heading Bug only displays 359/1
⇒ Please use our updated version v1.0a.

- MCP Knobs with Middle Mouse Button klicks are not available with EZDok, because EZdok uses the middle mouse button for panning mode
⇒ We can’t help this.

- MCP Altitude Scale scrolls only in hundreds (xx100 ft) which makes it a pain to dial high altitudes
⇒ Thats the way all FS planes are pretty much but we’re thinking about it.

- VNAV climbs are always at +2500ft/min, no thrust modes, at 10.000 ft only thrust increase instead of pitch adjustment, no ToC/ToD calculations
⇒ Please refer to pages 37-38 of the Falcon Avionics Quick Start.pdf. Vertical speed selection only works in VS mode.

- aircraft tends to "wobble" in cruise altitude (Nose pitching up and down)
⇒ More info to come on our Facebook page.

All that happens when you model a phenomenal aircraft with great systems to default FSX/P3D stuff.

They basically murdered it.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1.0a can be downloaded but it doesn't even fix the hdg select bug despite that they claim just that on their FB page. At least they seem to work on something but that something is hard to define.

I found the same thing. Nothing was fixed with the AFCS.

EDIT: 1.0b has been released. 

Well, the heading bug error has been sort of fixed, as long as you only need to set heading in 5 degree increments. 

Minimum Altitude on the altitude selector still remains 5,000' despite Dassault stating the autopilot can be used below that altitude. 

I finally got Vertical Speed to work correctly, for some reason you have to hit the VS button twice.

Altitude level off is still a problem, twice the aircraft wildly pitched up or down at over 5,000 fpm.

FMS is unusable only allowing the use of the current flightplan. When I try to go direct it drops the entire flight plan and gives me only the current leg. Loading approaches is maddening with no ability to select transitions, I can find no method to edit the altitudes or airspeeds that the system computes for a flightplan. I'll quickly admit that I am not an expert on the use of EASy I avionics, but having read about the system in AOPA Pilot, and Flying Magazine I have a hard time believing this is a correct implementation.

HSI fails to display the deviation bar when FMS is selected,

Thrust levers seem to take way too much forward movement before thrust is available. I agree with one of the other reviewers here in the first 60% of the movement nets very little thrust. There is also a very odd power lever setup. Thrust levers 1 and 2 control engines 1 and 3 and thrust lever 3 controls engine 2. However the engine indication gauges are left to right engines 1, 2 and 3. 

Huge disappointments all around on this aircraft, lots of window dressings that make the systems look like a Falcon but one you start using them you realize it is only skin deep. When you try to use the EASy I you start to find it mostly unresponsive and the FMS seems tied to the default FSX GPS.

Huge fail on product release and two patches in most of the systems are filled with bugs that makes the product unusable. 

Reason the Falcon 7x flies so poorly at altitude. Corrupt .air file.

Falson7x_FDE_zpsgotefd5l.png

Thanks for the Update, Ken. I can agree to everything you describe. I sent them a detailed response to my above mail and they responded that 'confirmed bugs will be fixed'. I will try out v1.0b later but my hopes are quite low. It seems that Wilco don't really know themselves how to fix issues:

Dear Falcon 7X users, up on your account is version v1.0b. It includes the following :

. HDG knob problem fixed
. Updated Configuration Manager
. Updated Falcon Test utility tool

For those who are experiencing unstable altitude hold, we recommend you to send us the answers to the following question through our Support form ONLY :
1. Check your airspeed. What does the indicated airspeed show?
2. What vertical mode are you in (VNAV, CLB, VS, ALT).
3. If you are not in VNAV mode, are you using the autothrottle? If so, what is the setting?
4. What altitude are you trying to maintain?
5. Check your joystick calibration.
6. Check you pitch trim. No manual trim setting should exist. Let the autopilot control it.

Confirmed bugs will be fixed. Thank you.

If it ain't PMDG, then I ain't P.A.Y.I.N.G

Couldn't agree more. I already have too many bizjet addons collecting dust because I couldn't hold back and ended up disappointed with a subpar product.

Too bad PMDG and other high-profile outfits appear to give jack squat about business aviation.

Currently, there appear to be basically only two major companies into flighsim business aviation: the one that does beautiful visual stuff but can't program a simple auto flight system properly, and the one that can do systems but provides visuals reminiscent of the 90's.

Quite a frustrating situation for virtual business jet drivers.

Well, the heading bug error has been sort of fixed, as long as you only need to set heading in 5 degree increments. 

Minimum Altitude on the altitude selector still remains 5,000' despite Dassault stating the autopilot can be used below that altitude. 

I finally got Vertical Speed to work correctly, for some reason you have to hit the VS button twice.

Altitude level off is still a problem, twice the aircraft wildly pitched up or down at over 5,000 fpm.

FMS is unusable only allowing the use of the current flightplan. When I try to go direct it drops the entire flight plan and gives me only the current leg. Loading approaches is maddening with no ability to select transitions, I can find no method to edit the altitudes or airspeeds that the system computes for a flightplan. I'll quickly admit that I am not an expert on the use of EASy I avionics, but having read about the system in AOPA Pilot, and Flying Magazine I have a hard time believing this is a correct implementation.

HSI fails to display the deviation bar when FMS is selected,

Thrust levers seem to take way too much forward movement before thrust is available. I agree with one of the other reviewers here in the first 60% of the movement nets very little thrust. There is also a very odd power lever setup. Thrust levers 1 and 2 control engines 1 and 3 and thrust lever 3 controls engine 2. However the engine indication gauges are left to right engines 1, 2 and 3. 

Huge disappointments all around on this aircraft, lots of window dressings that make the systems look like a Falcon but one you start using them you realize it is only skin deep. When you try to use the EASy I you start to find it mostly unresponsive and the FMS seems tied to the default FSX GPS.

Huge fail on product release and two patches in most of the systems are filled with bugs that makes the product unusable.

So pretty much what everyone here had feared. Bummer! Again nothing to get my hands on ...

Dave P. Woycek

Received a response from Wilco today and they choose to be rude. 

I am done with this product.

Here is one of Wilco's flat out lies:

Altitude Select will still not allow selecting below 5,000’ (see below documentation where Dassault certifies their autopilot below 5,000’)

Yes that is correct. Minimum autopilot altitude for the Falcon is 5,000 feet. 

In this video at 6 seconds in it shows a Falcon 7x on approach and ASEL is 3,000'

• Upvote 1

I had high hopes for this product. But from what I've heard I think I will have to stay clear. Typical Wilco I guess.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Any hope that some of our talented subscribers can work a little magic and fix this thing?  I remember the response to Carenado's Citation 550 - turned in a plane that was essentially unflyable into a favorite for many.  I know it's no ones job but Wilco's but with so few corporate planes out there ... I'm still holding out hope for an 11th hour miracle  lol

Steve D

Gulfstream G200 Captain & many year sim enthusiast

I doubt it. While I am no .xml expert by any means, but it looks to me as if all the functionality is hidden in .dll files. No way to decompile a .dll so we have to hope that Wilco will consider reports a "confirmed bug" and decide it is worth fixing. 

Hello

Thank God there is a Forum for this airplane.  I too just purchased the Falcon 7x for FSX version 1.0b.  I'm having a peculiar problem that may not have anything to do with the plane itself.

PROBLEM:  I start FSX and choose the Falcon 7x but the regular 2 dimensional left seat cockpit view does not work.  I can snap to the right, behind me, to the left but looking straight into the panel I find myself looking at the ground of the airport.  I've tried all sorts of things trying to remedy this including panning through all of the view sequences.  My other aircraft don't have this problem.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Matthew