Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

Besides what this update did to this bird, or not... (I had some hope for the 1.1 update...) The fps!!! For Heaven sake Wilco! Do something about the fps!!! its below acceptable! 39 Eur. for one of the worst "slideshows" I have ever seen during my 20 years in this hobby! (And I can tell You there is nothing wrong with my rig. Its a brand new high thech state of the art gaming machine) the fps in this 7X is a joke!

Does version 1.1 fixes  the 'Heading bug'?

Bat

What is your FPS 'buspell'?

Bat

Ing Zimmerman

FPS, is as I said, among the worst I have ever experienced! Around 12-15, on ground. Taxing, when I take to the sky (takeoff, climb out) it drops below what I think is unfyalble. We are  talking here around 5 to 8 FPS, which is in my opinion totaly unacceptable! FYI, I take of from default ESSA and still get that awful FPS and awful stuttering, not to speak about the ground beneth the plane wich is totaly blury and awful looking at. Crap is the word! I thought they had at least fixed the FPS in some way, but NO!!! Back to the drawing board again Wilco! otherwise this expensive useless toy goes straight to Marana (or similar) for complete storage!

More fun with Wilco.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: FalconCockpit.dll, version: 2.8.1.0, time stamp: 0x577bb06b
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000c237
Faulting process id: 0x4c90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d8830e6928ab
Faulting application path: G:\FSX-STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: G:\FSX-STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco_Dassault_Falcon_7X\panel\FalconCockpit.dll
Report Id: d13e5b76-8c77-4a64-af9d-2d510660df64
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have seen two or three YouTube videos of this aircraft, and the framerates when on the ground (or at low altitude) looked absolutely abysmal. Is that the case?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have seen two or three YouTube videos of this aircraft, and the framerates when on the ground (or at low altitude) looked absolutely abysmal. Is that the case?

Yes, completely unflyable. 

Well, the aircraft has lots of issues but fps in the single digits? I get around 20 to 25 in most situations.

Hans

Its funny reading this thread, after so many years it seems like the same type issues happen over

and over again with Wilco, it used to drive me mad how it "almost" works, er except for the ILS or

except for the altitude control....  Clearly they need to get a new gauge programmer :)

And people try SO hard to be positive in some ways, they don't deserve it, they put products out

that never get fixed, they just move on to the next thing to rip people off with.  The only answer is

to steer clear of them.

• Upvote 1

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Well, the aircraft has lots of isssues but fps in the single digits? I get around 20 to 25 in most situations.

What sim, what version of Windows. 

FSX:Steam on Windows 10 and it is a slide show. I think the P3D guys are having better luck. 

What sim, what version of Windows. 

FSX:Steam on Windows 10 and it is a slide show. I think the P3D guys are having better luck. 

Prepar3D 3.3.5, Windows 10. VC about 20-25 fps, outside view between 25 and my (locked) 30. In less demanding scenery though. I have the worst fps hit with all aircraft in very dense autogen scenarios. Clouds, shadows and everything else hardly make a difference. 

Apart from that, don't get me wrong, the many faults of the Wilco Falcon are a big disappointment but in my opinion the frames are not the biggest concern. The F1 Mustang for example can also eat a lot of frames in VC but otherwise is way more mature.

I feel sorry about the Falcon because it could be a marvelous aircraft. I never tried a Wilco product before so I can't say if it's a general developer's shortcoming. 

Hans

I feel sorry for whatever AVSIM reviewer gets saddled with this product. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. 

At the moment it is unflyable CTD on every descend.  Frames FSX-Steam 15-20  P3D 7-10 (in cockpit)

Not working:

Panel light switch

Overhead light switch

Bright switch

Shield light switch

Landing lights

Taxi lights

Pulse light

Strange 2 x White lights in the tail

VOR 2 direction of the needle and no DME

Well, I bought this the day it came out, lots of bugs that have been well documented.  Just installed 1.1 and did a short flight from KATL to KTPA.  Here are a few observations:

I did not have the FPS issues that have been talked about.  Nice and smooth during flight.  I did a quick hop from KRYY to KATL with Imagine Sim KATL and Reality ATL and there was a bit of a hit on approach, but nothing that would make it unflyable.

Heading bug fixed

Nice external animations

A bit of a learning curve.  FPL entry is not as intuitive as some aircraft; I chalk that up to not reading the manuals.  Played around quite a bit with various systems while I was in route, and no major issues, crashes, etc..  Saved FSX flight plans are available directly from the FMS.

There does still seem to be various bugs, for example, I couldn't adjust panel light, departure RWYs/SIDS were incorrect for ATL, etc.  But big disclaimer here, I uninstalled version 1, installed 1.1, and did not restart my computer as was suggested by the installer.  I just wanted to jump right in and see what was up.  

This model reminds me of Wilcos TBM850; pretty buggy at initial release, but most issues addressed over time.  I enjoyed my flight, I want to spend some more time with the sim to learn the systems, and I'm happy with my investment.

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Well, I bought this the day it came out, lots of bugs that have been well documented.  Just installed 1.1 and did a short flight from KATL to KTPA.  Here are a few observations:

I did not have the FPS issues that have been talked about.  Nice and smooth during flight.  I did a quick hop from KRYY to KATL with Imagine Sim KATL and Reality ATL and there was a bit of a hit on approach, but nothing that would make it unflyable.

Heading bug fixed

Nice external animations

A bit of a learning curve.  FPL entry is not as intuitive as some aircraft; I chalk that up to not reading the manuals.  Played around quite a bit with various systems while I was in route, and no major issues, crashes, etc..  Saved FSX flight plans are available directly from the FMS.

There does still seem to be various bugs, for example, I couldn't adjust panel light, departure RWYs/SIDS were incorrect for ATL, etc.  But big disclaimer here, I uninstalled version 1, installed 1.1, and did not restart my computer as was suggested by the installer.  I just wanted to jump right in and see what was up.  

This model reminds me of Wilcos TBM850; pretty buggy at initial release, but most issues addressed over time.  I enjoyed my flight, I want to spend some more time with the sim to learn the systems, and I'm happy with my investment.

I am happy for you. I must have a different version..

Does Wilco know this site exist?  You would think with awareness of the community, they would get their stuff together.  Very poor customer service.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home