Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

No I am not saying that at all. I am pointing out that this blocking of urls is nothing new and it happens to commercial sites and in a few cases freeware sites. I have experienced this first had where I had a site blocked by the moderators despite that site being 100% free, having no commercial advertising and having a link back to AVSIM. I was informed that if I want to have a link on AVSIM I must become a commercial member. I don't advertise on AVSIM's forums anymore and there are other sites who are willing to allow free advertising for free sites. 

Seems to me, once again, Wilco is misinformed about the avionics capability of the real aircraft they based their product on or they may have found the odd ball Falcon 7x that did not come with DME 2.

Ken, next version of Falcon 7x will include VOR2 and DME2

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Ken, next version of Falcon 7x will include VOR2 and DME2

Jean-Jacques

Yes I fought for this and this what I get from support:

"We can help you and even improve our add-on if you provide constructive remarks or comments with a respectful manner.

If you keep posting useless or rude comments on the net, we won’t be able to reply you anymore."

Now who is the rude one?

PS I will not tolerate any further rudeness or dumb answers from support.

Wilco is working on the next version

Great, maybe there will be an improvement it the frame rates

You never know :)

Falcon 7X Version 1.3 is now out:

1. VOR2 direction still no corrected with no DME as claimed.

2. Gauge dimmer still not working. Gauges still to bright at night.

3. Found no improvement of frame rates.

A lot of bugs I can work around

but the frame rate issue I can't get around

and makes it very unpleasant to fly in the most input intensive stages of flight

takeoff and landing :(

Have Wilco even mentioned the framerate problems when responding to user questions?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No, everything is working perfectly on their systems.  :smile:  This may have been discussed already, but would decreasing the texture resolution from 4096X4096 to something smaller help FPS?  There are a ton of interior cabin textures in 4096X4096 format that could be resized to something smaller.  Would that help?  I don't know how to do it though.

Regards,

John

I've found well over a hundred bugs with the version 1.3. Everything from the annoying (thrust levers 2 and 3 are still swapped) to the more seriors (switching to mach  mode always sets mach to 0.23.) Many buttons become one click, i.e. once you click the button it freezes in the depressed mode and you cannot select another mode. LNAV gets lost when flying a flight plan and randomly circles a waypoint.  I have not found any method to change altitudes in a flightplan. No method of direct to in a flight plan. May airports are missing runway, SID and STAR information. Even those with the information will not load into flightplan. Displays become frozen.

Frames remains in the upper teens.  

Yes version 1.3 if a flyable version as long as you limit your flying to the local VFR pattern. If you are going to use the AFCS or the FMS to take you anyplace you are at the mercy of how the Falcon wants to take you there and you very well may end up circling a waypoint endlessly.

This product makes me feel bad about complaining about the Carenado PL21 implementations. They do a a much, much better aircraft / avionics package then Wilco's Falcon 7x.  

VNAV doesn't really function properly, it basically holds 2500 fpm all the way up and adjusts throttle to maintain speed.  They seem to have the over speed warning tied to vertical speed instead of airspeed.  When I approach 5,000 fpm during climb it screams check speed with a continuous warning sound.  Engines 1 and 3 have reverse in the sim, but in the real world only engine 2 has reverse.  Still get a buffet when approaching 250 kias below 10,000 feet.  By far the worst add-on I have ever purchased. 

Isn't there a hall of shame around here somewhere......?

I and the AVSIM Board got rid of the Hall of Shame some time ago. I did not prescribe to it as people make mistakes and it is just better to remove the "shameful" words or actions than publicly shame the person(s).

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is this plane the one called "Dassault" compliant? Reading your posts i think something (big) was lost during the developing process. Well, thanks for the info guys, this plane is OUT of my purchase list now.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

1. Still the true North indication and mag indication are the same value as soon as airborne (Only showing the true north and we are using the mag direction to navigate)

2. Direction indication on VOR2 still incorrect and no DME2

3. No glidescope holding when doing a ILS Apch

4. FMC flight plan following incorrect and airac nav data some airports missing or incorrect.

Has anyone tried to integrate the Flight1 GTN750 into the cockpit like Bert did for Carenado's Hawker?  I gave it a shot, but it didn't work. 

John