Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Wilco Falcon 7x

8. The PDU gauge's info on the top are cut off.

Try this in the panel.cfg:

//---------------------------

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$mfd_left

gauge00=Falcon7x!Pilot_PDU,  2,12,1020,790

//----------------------

Turning off the Copilots PDU might squeeze out a few more fps.

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$mfd_right

//gauge00=Falcon7x!Copilot_PDU,  2,2,1020,800   //rem'd out

//--------------------------------------------

Huge potential for this plane. But this is v1.5 and things should be pretty well worked out by now. They're not.

One thing I've not seen mentioned is the sound in the VC cockpit. If I'm looking straight ahead the sounds are muffled (muted?). Only when I look out either side window does the volume come up. Hopefully I'm overlooking an easy fix to this.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

gauge00=Falcon7x!Pilot_PDU, 2,12,1020,790

Thank you gauge00=Falcon7x!Pilot_PDU,  2,22,1020,780 worked for my setup

I tried everything I know (which isn't much) to integrate the GTN750 into the multifunction display, but was not successful, the MFD was just black.  It would be a nice addition, along with removing some of the completely inaccurate vertical speed warnings....and a realistically functioning VNAV and.....never mind, you get the idea.

John

Probably better off just trying a 2D integration of the GTN750 to see if the Falcon's AFCS will even play along. If so then you would need someone like Bert to decompile the .spb to .xml make the appropriate edits then recompile. 

I use FS Commander for flight planning and flying the plan with success. Adjusting the altitudes manually for the way points.

A pilot friend visited and here are his comments:

"My comments are based as a real time pilot for 40 years and a Flight Simmer since it’s inception more than 25 years ago.

After flying the Falcon launched by Wilco my observations are as follows:

·       Of all the aircraft I fly (more than 150) the Falcon’s frame rate is the slowest/extremely intensive and takes up a lot of memory and performance.

·       Not able to fly aircraft i t o IFR as the NAV system is not working properly. VOR instrument indication erratic and is sometimes totally displaced in relation to the ground beacon. Tested it at different airports.

·       ILS glide slope active during approach but no localiser indication on the same instrument visible.

·       Aircraft acceleration on full power is totally wrong as it is to slow. You will run out of runway on most density altitudes of above 5000’.

·       N1 and N2 power on engine rotations do not develop full power. Cannot really fly like this.

·       Engine spool up is far to slow and will cause a crash on go around at 200’ with full load.

·       No reverse thrust indication ligths on engine instrument panel.

·       Cockpit to dark and panel and overhead panel lights do not work during day light.

·       Cockpit/instrumentation graphics unrealistic. Some of Wilco’s 2004 aircraft’s instrumentation design’s are far more photo realistic than this product. Can take some tips from PMDG, Alabeo and others.

·       Landing lights incorrectly placed on tail plane instead of leading edge of main wing.

·       Rotating beacon displaced on top engine intake of no 2 engine instead of on fuselage.

·       Engine sound is a computerised version and does not resemble the real engine sounds.

It is clear that this aircraft should not have been launched yet and that the designers shows a lack of pilot background and experience.

What a shame."

• Upvote 1

Did you really expect anything different.

Notice AVSIM had someone all ready to review this thing and this review has yet to surface. In fact try to find any review that is nothing more than a rewording of Wilco's release statement for this product. 

None of the Webzines are willing to call it as it is and chance ticking off Wilco so they have slowly allowed this products release to just fade away.

Wilco confirms an unrealistic airplane..

support says:

"As already said, confirmed bugs will be fixed. But the fact that this product has been done under an official Dassault Aviation license, it doesn't mean that we are trying to make a high-end simulation of the Falcon 7X."

or what a low piece of sh**t?

I'm still hoping for a framerate fix

The fact that they could increase the framerate in 1.4 (even thought it went down again in 1.5) suggests to me a fix may be possible

Here's hoping.

Aerosoft removes the Wilco Falcon 7x from their shop for now.

"Basically because the feedback from customers was rather bad."

What a disaster. After all the hype and buildup and bad history, Wilco release yet another bugged up aircraft. Absolutely idiotic.

What a disaster. After all the hype and buildup and bad history, Wilco release yet another bugged up aircraft. Absolutely idiotic.

I try to take the high road when looking at things like this. But I can't find much to be optimistic about. I've read and reread the product description on any website that offers the plane for sale and the depth is there .... it just plain and simple doesn't work. Version 1.5 is indeed a disaster.

Seems as if the Carenado business model is being adopted by other developers. Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hello to you Joe, from Ron Kolesar. AKA The Blind Pilot.

Yes wilco is working on the df7x. I believe that current version is 1.5.

But we all want the new successor to the df7x which is the df8x.

Why would one want to jump to the DF8x?

1. The DF8X flies 500 miles further than the DF7X.

2. The fuel onboard the DF8X is 35 percent more efficient than on the DF7X.

Now how can a blind person fly?

This is a valid question to ask and a easy question to answer.

We use the following three programs that work hand in hand together.

1. FSX.

2. The bridge of a program called FSUIPC.

3. Espeically for we Blind and or Visually impaired Pilots or for short BVI Pilots the Ai Copilot or is it AI First Officer voice assistant program from Canada called It's Your Plane or IYP for short.

Check out some of their you tube videos on BVI Pilots flying both private GA flights and working on the career via the IYPVA mode.

IYP's address is at:

www.itsyourplane.com

Now I was told my wilco that when the df7x is fully up and running and bug free that they would seriously consider the df8x.

But why wait?

I think if enough of us write on their face book page and or e-mail them expressing that we want the up to date current DF8X that then might starty designing the DF8X instead of the older DF7X.

Now I enjoy the DF7X as well and it's the only aircraft I use for private GA flights.

But the DF8X is now both FAA and Eurpe flight certified.

One question that I have that no one so far can anser for me.

You can down load a free copy of the df7x from the down load library at

www.flyawaysimulation.com

So, what is the differences between the free version from FAS and the paid version at Wilco is putting out?

Many thanks and here's hoping that we can access the DF8X soon.

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot