Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Aerofly 2 really bad, refunded.

Just tested it for about an hour.

It`s awful, and i applied for refunding at STEAM. It`s the first game ever i applied for refunding on Steam.

Graphics here and there nice, sound is good, flight school is not bad but thats it.

All Aircrafts fly awful, not near any other simulator i know. Handling, controller options and user interface are very bad.

Yes it`s early access, but it`s the worst early access i participated on. And i did a few. No word on the high price for this early acces on Aerofly 2.... can`t even imagine how they figured that out.

Going back to FSX and MSFlight until DTGFS arrives.

That was just too much, can`t stand that Sim.

• Upvote 3

Seriously? The point of Early Access is so people that are passionate about a particular title can participate in its development. You should be giving feedback to the developers about the issues you encountered, not coming here and complaining that you purchased something that feels unfinished when it is clearly advertised as Early Access.

• Upvote 9

55$ for early access :Shame On You: plus Wing is right....it will take a few years to reach release.

• Upvote 1

I'll give it a try, curiosity wins usually over patience for me. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

I participated in several Early Access releases on STEAM for years. None of them was like this. And they said release is due end of the year.

Really guys, i don`t do that with levity. It`s the first game i ever refunded on STEAM. It`s not near a FlightSImulator.

It really is more like a tablet/smartphone flying game app.... what is was before PC release.

• Upvote 2

Your message at the time where other users are looking some feedback is particularly rude and inappropriate

Early access is exactly the time where "All Aircrafts fly awful, not near any other simulator i know. Handling, controller options and user interface are very bad." can be fixed. Submit your complaint to Steam forum so that the developer can act on it instead of crying here.

By the way give us a list of the early access games that you tried and were fine...

From my part I have only Dirt Rally and Automobilista that were fine from day 1. if I think of Assetto Corsa I was quite unhappy at the beginning but after waiting one more year it was much better.

• Upvote 2

Your message at the time where other users are looking some feedback is particularly rude and inappropriate

I disagree - Aerofly is trying to have it both ways by putting forth a very incomplete product and utilizing Early Access....but then wanting to charge a rather high price for it also.

$50 is pretty darned steep for anything Early Access I'd say.

• Upvote 7

$50 is pretty darned steep for anything Early Access I'd say.

You're not paying for Early Access, you're paying for a full copy of the game when it is officially released. Early Access is a bonus.

• Upvote 2

I think that most people who will be disappointed about it are the same that will try DTG Flight School expecting it to be a new flight simulator :P

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

You're not paying for Early Access, you're paying for a full copy of the game when it is officially released. Early Access is a bonus.

Ok - Well - I never have any idea what our expectations are supposed to be about Early Access anyhow.  It seems like some companies use it differently than others.

In any case - This is recycled mobile app quality level junk in my opinion.  

Anyways - Moving along..

You don`t know not much about STEAM and Early Access i suppose.

I paid 6€ for Kerbal Space Program which is now 40€, and i paid 15€ for DiRT Rally which is now 50€, Spintires 8€ to 30 now, and so on...

And i helped with Bug reporting and feature requests to make these games better.

All of these games had issues in early access, but none of them where that far away from expectations and presentation than Aerofly 2 is now to me.

I think that most people who will be disappointed about it are the same that will try DTG Flight School expecting it to be a new flight simulator :P

There is a difference.

DTG made it very clear that it is just FSX 64bitized with limited content just for "Flight School" purposes to make it easy for newbies to start fly.

• Upvote 3

Don't get your hopes up on ATC anytime soon...

A developer commented that "it's planned but they don't know how to actually do it"

F858MfN.png

A working ATC system is a must. They should seek out some former Looking Glass Studios employees. They were doing it in style long before anyone else.

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For the full flight sim release they should consider adding "water".

Draping sat imagery over literally everything is about a 15 year old technique and looks really bad in 2016.

Feels like "Flight Unlimited"  (I think that was the title...)

I don't have any interest after buying the first one... I see they still don't have proper engine controls, ie you can't even turn it off, much less have it fail etc.  It's a pretty RC simulator expansion with no systems.  Being I don't see they changed much from 1 ->2, I wouldn't expect much during early access unfortunately.

Disappointing, as what we all want is DTG's Sim with Aerofly's pretty graphics, yet simply doesn't seem to be.  We are either stuck in the past (DTG using FSX engine) or get pretty graphics w/ great performance yet Mobile APP level systems.

• Upvote 2