Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Aerofly 2 really bad, refunded.

You don`t know not much about STEAM and Early Access i suppose.

I paid 6€ for Kerbal Space Program which is now 40€, and i paid 15€ for DiRT Rally which is now 50€, Spintires 8€ to 30 now, and so on...

And i helped with Bug reporting and feature requests to make these games better.

All of these games had issues in early access, but none of them where that far away from expectations and presentation than Aerofly 2 is now to me.

There is a difference.

DTG made it very clear that it is just FSX 64bitized with limited content just for "Flight School" purposes to make it easy for newbies to start fly.

Go check the official forum on Steam for the game, the developers have been replying non stop telling what to expect and what not to expect, and also what they will be focusing on now :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

..what to expect...

Lots of negative reviews & refund requests...

You're not paying for Early Access, you're paying for a full copy of the game when it is officially released. Early Access is a bonus.

What if the full release never comes?

I give you an example. DayZ. Since 2013? is on ALPHA. But i payed only $30, and gave me 500hs of gameplay. "When" released it will cost $60

I think that $60 is way expensive for EA

• Upvote 2

Cheers :)

N.-

Disappointing, as what we all want is DTG's Sim with Aerofly's pretty graphics, yet simply doesn't seem to be.  We are either stuck in the past (DTG using FSX engine) or get pretty graphics w/ great performance yet Mobile APP level systems.

Seems like the best summary so far. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

Wow I'm very disappointed to hear this and read the reviews. I had really high hopes for this sim and I was hoping it wasn't just going to be a copy of the Android version. I'll pick it up anyway because it's still early and hopefully they will improve things over time. I really loved v1 despite the missing features it had

You don`t know not much about STEAM and Early Access i suppose.

I paid 6€ for Kerbal Space Program which is now 40€, and i paid 15€ for DiRT Rally which is now 50€, Spintires 8€ to 30 now, and so on...

You suppose wrong. I also purchased Kerbal and DIRT at a discount because they went on sale, not because they were in Early Access. There is no rule which says developers must sell Early Access games at a discount.

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

"Some developers will start by offering a discount for buying early while others will charge a premium, depending on their goals and the level of commitment and feedback they desire from Early Access customers."

Really really simple: If you don't want to pay full price for something then wait for it to go on sale, and if you don't want to be disappointed by purchasing an unfinished game don't buy it the moment it goes into pre-release.

Wow I'm very disappointed to hear this and read the reviews.

I have no idea what the finished product will be like, but apparently it was only released into Early Access a few hours ago, I wouldn't be too hasty to pass judgement.

Seriously? The point of Early Access is so people that are passionate about a particular title can participate in its development. You should be giving feedback to the developers about the issues you encountered, not coming here and complaining that you purchased something that feels unfinished when it is clearly advertised as Early Access.

Ha! What a nice euphemism...

To me early access = let's see how many dumb***es we can find that will even pay to be beta testers...

• Upvote 7

Ha! What a nice euphemism...

To me early access = let's see how many dumb***es we can find that will even pay to be beta testers...

Exactly, to me it doesnt even look bugged, it just looks incomplete. And the developer doesnt seem to have any of the issues I saw in the live stream on the roadmap to be enhanced. No way I'm shelling out $50 for this!

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Exactly, to me it doesnt even look bugged, it just looks incomplete. And the developer doesnt seem to have any of the issues I saw in the live stream on the roadmap to be enhanced. No way I'm shelling out $50 for this!

I find this a lot with "Early Access", where it's just release what you've got and make a quick buck.

Fortunately, as a big Steam user, I've seen some really genuine early titles that grew into awesome programs.

Unfortunately, I simply don't see that happening here; particularly with the ambiguous answers provided by the developer actively represented on Steam with "technically" and "potentially with the sim engine" etc.

I bought and tried to support v1 and now haven't touched it in years... not happening again with v2.

• Upvote 1

Sounds pretty reasonable to me....... 

Why Early Access?

“After many years of development we are now at a point where we can let the community participate in the development of our new Flight Simulator.

Our goal is to involve our player community as much as possible in the evolution of the game, and we think the best way to achieve that is to get the game in the hands of players as early as possible. We intend to maintain a good quality of experience throughout the Early Access phase, while we build new features and expand the overall flight experience. We invite the community to follow our progress in details and share their thoughts and suggestions on the progress of the game.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“The exact date for coming out of Early Access will depend on feedback but we estimate sometime in the third or fourth quarter of 2016.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“There will never be specific "Early Access" and "Full Version" versions of Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator. The full version of Aerofly FS 2 is simply when we decide that the game is now at a state we consider it ready for a launch. The full version will incorporate feedback from the wide community and further improve the overall flight experience as our goal is to create one of the best virtual flight experiences.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The current version of Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator is stable, playable and already features most of the elements of the full version. During Early Access expect to see more features and possibly new aircraft as well as airports. We will most likely rework and polish some aspects of the user-interface as well as the navigation feature depending on the community feedback.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“Yes, the game will be lower priced through Early Access, relative to its final full-version retail price.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“Our community will be the most important aspect of Aerofly and its future. We need the community feedback to better understand your needs and wishes to create the best virtual flight experience and to decide whether to put our development emphasis on graphics, gameplay or aircraft system depth. 

So please get involved at our forums at http://www.ipacs.de/forum and send us feedback, bug reports and ideas for new content or game play.”

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sounds pretty reasonable to me....... 

Why Early Access?

“After many years of development we are now at a point where we can let the community participate in the development of our new Flight Simulator.

Our goal is to involve our player community as much as possible in the evolution of the game, and we think the best way to achieve that is to get the game in the hands of players as early as possible. We intend to maintain a good quality of experience throughout the Early Access phase, while we build new features and expand the overall flight experience. We invite the community to follow our progress in details and share their thoughts and suggestions on the progress of the game.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“The exact date for coming out of Early Access will depend on feedback but we estimate sometime in the third or fourth quarter of 2016.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“There will never be specific "Early Access" and "Full Version" versions of Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator. The full version of Aerofly FS 2 is simply when we decide that the game is now at a state we consider it ready for a launch. The full version will incorporate feedback from the wide community and further improve the overall flight experience as our goal is to create one of the best virtual flight experiences.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The current version of Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator is stable, playable and already features most of the elements of the full version. During Early Access expect to see more features and possibly new aircraft as well as airports. We will most likely rework and polish some aspects of the user-interface as well as the navigation feature depending on the community feedback.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“Yes, the game will be lower priced through Early Access, relative to its final full-version retail price.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“Our community will be the most important aspect of Aerofly and its future. We need the community feedback to better understand your needs and wishes to create the best virtual flight experience and to decide whether to put our development emphasis on graphics, gameplay or aircraft system depth. 

So please get involved at our forums at http://www.ipacs.de/forum and send us feedback, bug reports and ideas for new content or game play.”

Exactly, “The exact date for coming out of Early Access will depend on feedback but we estimate sometime in the third or fourth quarter of 2016.”

Full release will just be a tweaked version of what is available now... if you like it great, but if you expect more than bug fixes, how is that possible with that time line?

Full release will just be a tweaked version of what is available now... if you like it great, but if you expect more than bug fixes, how is that possible with that time line?

I'm confused as to peoples expectations. Ipacs have laid out their plans and asked for feedback, and some are acting as if they were somehow expecting a complete product.

Why on earth didn't people wait for some reviews, if parting with the $50 was going to be that traumatic?

I've always assumed early access was functionally equivalent to an Alpha, which is by definition, preliminary/buggy/incomplete.

This is the same view I take of flight school, which might be interesting or might be poo, but I made the calculated risk that the money lost (if it was the latter) was a fair price to satisfy my curiosity either way.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm going to order it and see what I can do to help them make it a better sim. Remember FSX in its base form isn't anything special,it's the addons that make it worthwhile. As for ATC I don't really care about it. As long as the cockpits are clickable I'm happy I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of water though.

• Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm confused as to peoples expectations. Ipacs have laid out their plans and asked for feedback, and some are acting as if they were somehow expecting a complete product.

Why on earth didn't people wait for some reviews, if parting with the $50 was going to be that traumatic?

I've always assumed early access was functionally equivalent to an Alpha, which is by definition, preliminary/buggy/incomplete.

This is the same view I take of flight school, which might be interesting or might be poo, but I made the calculated risk that the money lost (if it was the latter) was a fair price to satisfy my curiosity either way.

I guess the difference is, the "Early Access" Aerofly 2 is pretty much what you are going to get, period, with the bugs worked out.

What most of us are commenting on is more the fact we simply wanted more than it offers in it's current or version 2 form.... ie, what we want isn't even considered based on the responses on the Steam forum.  It will not be even close to a full sim this release.  It will have pretty graphics, nice performance, yet no systems depth at all.

I'm going to order it and see what I can do to help them make it a better sim. Remember FSX in its base form isn't anything special,it's the addons that make it worthwhile. As for ATC I don't really care about it. As long as the cockpits are clickable I'm happy I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of water though.

Problem is, even decades old FS versions have basic SYSTEMS implemented, where as all Aerofly has is the pretty graphics... you literally can't turn off the engine.  It's a simpler system.  If that's what you want great, but it's years away from even basic FSX system structure unfortunately.

It's originally based on a Remote Control (RC) simulator that just needed pretty graphics and a decent flight model.  They nailed that.... they just aren't anywhere close to nailing the rest unfortunately.

I guess the difference is, the "Early Access" Aerofly 2 is pretty much what you are going to get, period, with the bugs worked out.

What most of us are commenting on is more the fact we simply wanted more than it offers in it's current or version 2 form.... ie, what we want isn't even considered based on the responses on the Steam forum.  It will not be even close to a full sim this release.  It will have pretty graphics, nice performance, yet no systems depth at all.

Problem is, even decades old FS versions have basic SYSTEMS implemented, where as all Aerofly has is the pretty graphics... you literally can't turn off the engine.  It's a simpler system.  If that's what you want great, but it's years away from even basic FSX system structure unfortunately.

It's originally based on a Remote Control (RC) simulator that just needed pretty graphics and a decent flight model.  They nailed that.... they just aren't anywhere close to nailing the rest unfortunately.

I agree and that's why I think they need the help. They say they are willing to listen to the community so let's see if it's true.
  • Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.