Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Aerofly 2 really bad, refunded.

But in major cities like Aerofly 2 is modeling, the OSM data is very good in the USA, extending well out into the suburbs.

I guess it depends which and when we each looked - Tony seemed to indicate it's "just ok" (but getting better!) a few posts up.

Still - Expecting this sort of actual fidelity from something like Aerofly - lol

It's a simple game - Not even close to a real simulator so not sure the graphics reality matters too much personally.

I guess it depends which and when we each looked - Tony seemed to indicate it's "just ok" (but getting better!) a few posts up.

Still - Expecting this sort of actual fidelity from something like Aerofly - lol

It's a simple game - Not even close to a real simulator so not sure the graphics reality matters too much personally.

I don't need Tony to indicate anything. I use it myself.

Even marginally big cities like New Orleans and Nashville are covered in OSM data for miles and miles from downtown. It's very much usable in the US now outside of rural areas. I use the version where autogen populates places where no OSM data is present though, so I don't have to worry about sparseness.

The problem with Aerofly is how dead it feels. No moving traffic, no AI...even the water is photoscenery. Watching it reminds me of some of the mid-2000 console flight games that plastered photo scenery on everything. Looks decent up high but terrible down low.

I think what some people also fail to recall is how badly FSX was attacked when it came out, with people howling that their copy of FS9 would be pried from their cold, dead fingers.

As Merlin said in Excalibur: "For it is the doom of men.... that they forget." :P

Jeez, give them a chance! I've always been startled how quickly these forums form lynch mobs. (Plus, my knives and pitchfork are out for cleaning.)

They may fall on their faces or they may succeed but we are gonna burn them at the stake in the first week?

Really?

Is our attention span even shorter than Microsoft's? (Even they gave FLIGHT a few months!)  :lol:

• Upvote 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes you are right.

Flight Simmer s tend to kill every new Flight Simulator.

But i really have to say this one was really bad compared to my other experience with FSX, X-Plane, P3D, MS Flight or even Aeroflight 1.

For me, in terms of technology and "out of the box" Simulator MS Flight was the best in terms of graphic and flight model.

"Just" lacking content and features.

Sad to see so many people opt in on an early access title and then ask for a refund, especially considering it's been up for less than a week. What does people expect from an early access game? A finished title? The conditions are in the description of an early access title. I have bought early access games numerous times, have I regretted it sometimes? Yeah you bet! (I amlooking at you DayZ standalone) But never have I considered a refund, rather I have provided my feedback instead.

Yes you are right.

Flight Simmer s tend to kill every new Flight Simulator.

But i really have to say this one was really bad compared to my other experience with FSX, X-Plane, P3D, MS Flight or even Aeroflight 1.

For me, in terms of technology and "out of the box" Simulator MS Flight was the best in terms of graphic and flight model.

Hey, You are preaching to the choir. In the last few days I have been playing around with FLIGHT and noticing once again how smooth and pretty it is. I don't believe i've seen Flight school do a single thing better than Flight could have, so far. Or P3D.

But I have to hope that all of these new programs, if supported, have the capability to grow into something good if given a chance. Just like FSX did, though its chance came from the fact that we pretty much had no other choice's, and were forced to wait for the ecosystem to grow.

I wonder if its only under those types of circumstances that we have the patience to let new programs find their place in the sun.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

MS Flight was "just" lacking exactly the same things you are missing in Aerofly2, according to your own words.

Funny. This post-mortem reassessment of MS Flight is amazing, at the very least. It reminds me all those artists and people who are bashed, attacked and banned from the society as persona non grata during their lifetime and then become a kind of public benchmark, when not actual national heroes, after their death. When MS Flight was released, it was destroyed and sentenced to death without appeal in a matter of weeks. You could hardly find one single positive review. Now everybody is missing it. Incredibly, MS Flight is being used as argument to attack new releases, such as DTG FS or AeroFly2.

Puzzling, or maybe not.

MS Flight was "just" lacking exactly the same things you are missing in Aerofly2, according to your own words.

Funny. This post-mortem reassessment of MS Flight is amazing, at the very least. It reminds me all those artists and people who are bashed, attacked and banned from the society as persona non grata during their lifetime and then become a kind of public benchmark, when not actual national heroes, after their death. When MS Flight was released, it was destroyed and sentenced to death without appeal in a matter of weeks. You could hardly find one single positive review. Now everybody is missing it. Incredibly, MS Flight is being used as argument to attack new releases, such as DTG FS or AeroFly2.

Puzzling, or maybe not.

Well the fact is MS Flight had the foundations of a good simulator. There were some pretty significant improvements to the flight dynamics engine that still cannot be found in P3D (although external flight models like A2A's negate that). The graphics engine was also improved, one not insignificant addition was that it renders steep mountains without stretching and distorting the textures like FSX and P3D do. The F2P distribution model and the small piecemeal scenery areas, cockpit-less planes etc. are what people didn't like.

I'm actually going to pick up Aerofly FS 2 despite the negative reviews. I have the first game (yes, it's a game), so I know what to expect, roughly. The price does seem a little steep, one explanation might be that they had to pay licensing fees for the satellite imagery, which is not cheap.

• Upvote 2

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

You could hardly find one single positive review.

Flight suffered from the same syndrome that Aerofly FS2 is facing. People who ignored what was actually being said before release then went into a rage of disappointment when it didn't fit their largely self-constructed fantasy of a direct alternative to FSX.

Flight didn't receive good reviews from this community, and the community itself had a collective hissy fit. Anything good said about FLIGHT anywhere by anyone was instantly buried beneath a wave of frankly scary and maybe a bit creepy hatred. All this over a game? Really? People with a fetish for capitol letters and exclamation points acted like their daughters were being defiled on public thoroughfares.

People I considered to be equivalent to stalkers came into multiplayer, castigating users to "Go get a real sim" and this occurred until players learned to insta-boot such rabid specimens from active sessions.

The only reason I think Flight school isn't being handed its own booty right now is because Martin came on to pre-sooth the audience, and because we are promised some tasty red meat if we'll just be patient and not tear Flight School a new one.

Patience we showed not at all for any reason to Flight. And who knows what that program might have become by now if people had shown a bit more adult behavior? (The original forum had to be closed, for goodness sake, 14 days before the program was even released. Think about that.)

And now here we go again, getting ready to eat Aerofly 2 alive in the first week. I've noticed a slight trend in the Steam forum reviews. By and large, the people roaring the loudest are the ones who barely spent any time in the game before flying into a rage. People who say in their reviews to give it a chance or kind of like it, seem to have spent more time on average actually trying it out before having a cow.

This is the same thing that very often happened to Flight, where people stormed into the Flight Forum to rage how they had already uninstalled it, yet when questioned obviously had barely gone past the first two or three missions (if they even went that far) before racing off to join the lynch mob.

Bleah.

• Upvote 6

Devons rig

@JimmiG and HiFlyer
100% agreed.

Definitely a refreshing reading after so much biased criticism.

I haven't tried any of the Aerofly's yet, in fact I didn't even know they existed until very recently. So I'm not saying anything against the OP and his comments, which might well be informed and funded.

I believe however that this "little" flightsim community constitutes a case study of people rejecting creation.

We, the flightsimmers, more than most entertainment communities, NEED the creators of content. Creating ANYTHING is a very complex task and outright rejecting everything that's created, or being set towards rejection even before a first try, is MEAN towards the people who devote their time and resources to create. And I mean MEAN as in hurting people's feelings mean...

I much liked Devon's comments.

• Upvote 5

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I haven't tried any of the Aerofly's yet, in fact I didn't even know they existed until very recently. So I'm not saying anything against the OP and his comments, which might well be informed and funded.

Heimi's a good guy. I just think we should wait a bit on this.

We, the flightsimmers, more than most entertainment communities, NEED the creators of content. Creating ANYTHING is a very complex task and outright rejecting everything that's created, or being set towards rejection even before a first try, is MEAN towards the people who devote their time and resources to create. And I mean MEAN as in hurting people's feelings mean

I think so too. I especially remember the absolute rejoicing when Flight was cancelled, with no thought at all for the dedicated and creative people who were put out of work, or the implications for any other company ever again entering the arena of civilian flight simulation.

Devons rig

Heimi's a good guy. I just think we should wait a bit on this.

Sure! My little "rant" was something more general, not addressed at this thread in particular. :)

I also understand when people buy something and then get disappointed, it's fair enough to "complain". It's just there's always two sides to every story :)

• Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I think so too. I especially remember the absolute rejoicing when Flight was cancelled, with no thought at all for the dedicated and creative people who were put out of work, or the implications for any other company ever again entering the arena of civilian flight simulation.

Of course. My toy is and must be the best and only. Ever.

As I said earlier today, I am surprised there are still companies who are ready to dedicate time, resources and money to this market just to receive eggs on their faces on day 1. 

They are really brave. I, for one, would not do it.

• Upvote 1

I think what some people also fail to recall is how badly FSX was attacked when it came out, with people howling that their copy of FS9 would be pried from their cold, dead fingers.

As Merlin said in Excalibur: "For it is the doom of men.... that they forget." :P

Jeez, give them a chance! I've always been startled how quickly these forums form lynch mobs. (Plus, my knives and pitchfork are out for cleaning.)

They may fall on their faces or they may succeed but we are gonna burn them at the stake in the first week?

Really?

Is our attention span even shorter than Microsoft's? (Even they gave FLIGHT a few months!)  :lol:

Give what a chance? It is what it is.

If you like the flat photoscenery stuff, have at it. Just because something is new doesn't make it worthwhile or above judgement.

Sad to see so many people opt in on an early access title and then ask for a refund, especially considering it's been up for less than a week. What does people expect from an early access game? A finished title? The conditions are in the description of an early access title. I have bought early access games numerous times, have I regretted it sometimes? Yeah you bet! (I amlooking at you DayZ standalone) But never have I considered a refund, rather I have provided my feedback instead.

Not being finished doesn't a guarantee a satisfactory end result.

I'm sure enough people saw the current direction and decided it's not for them.

• Upvote 1