Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

FSNet out of Beta

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The payware version of FSNet is now out.Current users must download the new version.Everyone, whether they were a registered user before or not, can use the prog for 8 hours till they have to buy it.It's a rellly neat app, and it seems to come from good people. The business model seems sound, though there was an uproar before when there were plans to let people use it indefinitely but have ads scroll in the ATC text till it was purchased.This goes beyond observing on Multiplayer, one person can be flying and the other handling the power quadrant, gear, flaps etc. Or if you're feeling diabolical the PNF or instructor can close a fuel valve. You can have an Instructor, Pilot Flying, Pilot not flying and seven passengers in the same plane. Passengers can still fly, but as of the last version only the cockpits of the Instructor, PF and PNF were synchronised. So if a passenger is flipping switches and is then invited to fly, it could get scary. But they can watch the show till they are invited to fly, it will stay synchronised as long as they don't touch anything.If you are doing a relatively long haul in a plane that has one, both of you (three if there's an instructor) have full control over the autopilot when it's on. The designated PF at the time is in control when the AP is switched off.FSNet has further enhancements in the pipeline, still haven't RTFM the manual on the version I just installed.I'll probably wait till next month to buy, but I will. I'm glad they didn't cut their own throats by making users pay right away, because it is hard right now to find other users- though there are at least three who are on Bushnet fairly regularly.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

UmmmmAre you talking about [a href=http://www.gates.to/LoadPage.php?page=Welcome]this site[/a]?Because I found some very interesting sites when I googled FSnet.Very interesting :D-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Sorry about the omission, yep, that's it.AKA http://gates.toYou have to register, get your confirmation e-mail, register then download. I've grabbed two versions so far, but just had to log on once registered.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

I just may try this soon. Thanks Donny!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

very nice indeedit be good if there was some place to post a request to get another member to come join in the flight with youfor example if i wanted to fly not from ksfo - klax how do i tell someone else out there with this program that i want a co-pilot or a pilot to join me on this journey ?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!It is important that both planes have the same panel, and be built with the Microsoft SDK. They are seeking voluntary cooperation from addon devs so their product can work with more planes that don't work now. .air files- that might be important if the pilots switch and the plane doesn't react for the trim setting as expected, but I flew with a Newbie in a Cessna with enhanced .air file and he had default.If anyone wants to try it in a Veneviveonnes 690B or a PDMG 1900C, I'd be into it. The 1900 might not be a good test, but it's the only payware I have for FS9.So far the plane I have used it with most is the Baron 58TC.They do have a forum, and a map showing where all users are on the site, but one way is prearrangement with someone you "know". If you exchange cell numbers, you can text each other and see if they want to fly and set a time. (Interested? Send an e-mail or PM.) Otherwise, go to the server you would be at anyway and ask if there are any users thru the chat window. Then start FSNet and decide who will send the invitation. If you both invite, both get "busy" messages.When you are not synchronised with someone, the base product is very resource light so you could just try to "contact other users" ocassionally. But other users who have it but are not running it currently will not be seen.No matter where you are, the planes are synchronised to the position, weather and time of the initial PF. BUT the planes should be motionless when you start synchronising.Best Regards, Donny:-wave