Sign in to follow this  
Donstim

Airbus A320 - Who now provides the.....

A 777's fly by wire doesn't work in anywhere near the same way that an Airbus' does though... The Airbus system maintains bank angle and g-load when the pilot lets go of the stick and acts different depending on the "law" the plane is in. Boeing's still acts like a normal plane, just using electronic impulses to command the control surfaces instead of hydraulics or cables...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Without doubt the A320 PIC is the most accurate FBW Airbus, with an excellent autopilot, system failures, FBW etc. (The A300 and A310 are not FBW as far as I know and bare little relationship to the A320/330/340 series).There have been various tweaks on the Wilco 320 PIC forum to improve the flight model. There are various quirks you have to live with and the a few people seem to have problems with lock-ups. I think in the end the two man develpement team where ovewhelmed by the work involved to make it a 90% FBW Airbus and together with the parting of the ways between them and Wilco that meant the end. Enough credit has never been given the the two geniuses who developed it.Still, reading between the lines, Jean Luc seems to hint that something is happening on the Airbus side but maybe I am reading too much into his comments.Maybe the SSW A320 will be up to a high standard.As for Aviograsf, their support forum is here and you can draw your own conclusions.http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=115

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest franksalot

This thread has turned out to be more informative that I expected. It seems to me that the PSS A320 Airbus Series is still the best there is around, and will be for quite a while yet. This surprises me.Thank you all for your replies.KenSomerset, England

Although the 777's fly-by-wire system uses different control laws than Airbus (based on a different philosophy as you've described), there are still aspects that are not modeled (at least not to my knowledge) in the FS9 models -- bank angle protection, overspeed protection, and low speed protection (for example, increasing stick force to hold or increase pitch as airplane gets closer to stall).Don S.

"It seems to me that the PSS A320 Airbus Series is still the best there is around"It's the only game in town Ken (nothing to do with it being a stellar product or anything like that), no one else will touch an Airbus. The word I'm hearing from developers is they flat out don't like the birds; this has nothing to do with lack of information from Airbus the company... At this point the PSS version has no choice but be the best in its class with virtually no competition to challenge it...That's why I don't understand PSS's choice to cancel further development of this project, they have this money maker souly to themselves unchallenged (who's to say when SSW's version will see the light of day and that's only the A320 forget about the A318/319/321)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The word I'm hearing from developers is they flat>out don't like the birds; this has nothing to do with lack of>information from Airbus the company... >I absolutely adore my LDS767, and look forward to any high quality offering of my favourite Boeings. But I can't believe that the fs franchise will go on and on with one of the two leading manufacturers and entire families of fascinating aircraft being soundly ignored both by MS and all leading developers?! :-hmmmThat is a great great shame on several levels - 1 I'm sure it's a money maker, especially the A32x family, 2 A fine line of aircraft will continually be relegated to admirable but watered down (systems) versions.Oh well, I love you A320, always will :( perhaps someday...but I'm off to plan my next 763 trip :)regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lds1.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Sure, developers do not like the Airbus, because it is progressively harder to model the flight dynamics and any Airbus will be critized more harshly by the community compared to any 737.What I don't understand is that a product like the 320PIC is being abandoned and not released to another developer for further development. It would make perfectly sense to add to the existing knowledge than to re-invent the wheel again. I understand that there are contractual issues between Wilco and Anitcyclone, but it's sure not helping the community. Of course, I know that that's never going to happen, but it would be an idea that everyone could benefit from.Fix a few things, create a nice 2D cockpit on top of it - merge the dynamics and create an A319, A321, etc - even an A340 and you are in for a huge market.-OR-PSS will give their Airbus series an overhaul with a full-functional VC and a general facelift. That would be probably the more realistic option.I am not sure about the logic of the developers. We have 2 777s coming out, yet no Airbus. In my eyes, PSS would have done better spending some work on updating their existing Airbus series. I would not have a problem paying a Level-D/PMDG price tag for that at all.Just my 2 cents...

Guest flight78

I wouldnt mind spending BIG money on a Airbus i could prolly pay 100 bucks if necessery but as stated above neither PMDG or Level-D seams intrested in creating a high quality Airbus. I dont know what to say or what to do i just think its terrible. Guess it all comes down to that the ones that really want a good Airbus will have to start their own company and give it a try:(.Best regards:Alexander

Guest franksalot

Hi aerdt,Your first sentence says it all, PSS took a tremendous amount of 'flak' when the Airbus Series came onto the market; people took a long time getting used to the Airbus systems. The PSS Airbus Team worked on 'overdrive' to answer complaints/queries. So I think that PSS will not want to go through that kind of thing in a hurry. Thing was, there was nothing really wrong with the 'Bus'; just a new concept is all. I purchased the Airbus Series soon after it came onto the market, round about May 2002; I'm as thick as "two planks" but with a fair amount of help from the PSS Team I've never looked back. However, I do feel that the PSS Airbus could now do with an overhaul; that's why I've moved over to the PMDG B737NG. Mind you PMDG don't seem to have done much to the NG since 2003; there are a few systems that need to be modelled, but no news about that.Don't hold your breath waiting for PSS, i'm sure it won't happen. So we move on, I'm enjoying the NG, but...........:)Sorry about the long paragraph (must do better)KenSomerset, England

Hi to Everybody,Does anyone knows something or has bought/used, tested... etc this product; http://www.apollosoftware.com/" AIRBUS FlyByWire Version 2.0 for FS2004/2002Flight Envelope Protection: how it really works !Sensational: First advanced AIRBUS simulation for FS2004 COF & FS2002 40 minutes original A340-Cockpit video incl. complete takeoff & landing & ATC radio Realistic FlyByWire Side stick Control Display SID-STAR routes on FS-AirMap includes 13 different Airbus aircraft (11 x A320, 1 x A340-300, 1 x A340-600) not just "converted" Boeings, unlike other Airbus Simulations World wide dynamic color terrain radar Protects against CFIT (Controlled Flight Into Terrain) Flight Envelope Protection against Stall & Crashes ca. 200 pages POH Pilots Operating Handbook, based on original Airbus manuals original Airbus checklist With support from Airbus Industrie & Airbus Test Pilots Test flown by real A340 Airline Pilots! First Worldwide Dynamic Color Terrain RadarGround Proximity WarningProtects against CFIT (Controlled Flight Into Terrain)NEW FREE UPDATE 2.0 for AIRBUS FlyByWire: APOLLO FlyByWire_SR2.exe 10.4 MBVersion 2.0 update includes lots of new features:NAV database editor, SID/STAR editor, improved throttle GATE settings, How to add other Airbus aircraft, overhead panel switches, FLEX TO thrust reduction, analog spoiler via joystick, SLATS position display in ECAM, improved FlightEnvelopeProtectionFor performance and flight test details, click here: FlyByWire_english.pdf or FlyByWire_deutsch.pdf "That would be something that I would like to know about since it looks like these people have done something but its not much known on the FS circle or has been tested or reviewed by someone.Regards ALG

Looks like an interesting product. I never heard of it. But, unfortunately there is no link to buy/preview the product for more information.

Well, it would seem logical to me to use the existing PSS for an update. There is actually nothing wrong with the PSS Airbus series, but it needs a facelift and some updates.If I would be a PSS developer, I would jump on the opportunity:* make the gauges a bit more crisp and active in VC* overhaul the VC with functional switches and textures* fine-tune the FMC/AP (bank angle in turns)* add some more PMDG-like extras (virtual FO, altitude call outs)* charge $39.99 for itDoesn't seem rocket science to me, no?PSS would make good money and we would have a top-notch Airbus...

It needs something much more extensive than a facelift and some updates. It does not accurately model the fly-by-wire control laws and envelope protection features on the real airplane. To me, without that, it's a non-starter.Don S.