Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

PMDG g2d.dll then ntdll.dll

It was about 3/4 thru my flight in the PMDG 737NGX for P3D, I decided it was getting too dark and really wanted to land during dusk.   Reset the time back about 30 minutes and while the bar was loading I got the CTD g2d.dll.  

I then tried to reload the flight via Simstarter NG and P3D started up but I think when it went to load the flight it crashed.  That error according to Appcrash was ntdll.dll.  

Started going thru the process using the AVSIM guide to eliminate the culprit.   It seems its just PMDG related.  Load other aircraft via SimstarterNG and they load fine.  Load other aircraft not using SimstarterNG and they load fine.  

I load the default flight I have setup with the Carenado A36 and then after flight loading switch aircraft to PMDG and it loads in fine.  Now I haven't tried a flight with it after doing it this way.  But I will to test. 

I have uninstalled/reinstalled PMDG.  I have checked dll.xml, exe, scenery.cfg and found no errors/duplicate entries.  I do not overclock my CPU and have not upped my settings in the .cfg.   And in fact just recently did a rebuild of my p3d.cfg.  (maybe that is it but doubt it)

If I have to load default then select PMDG and everything works fine I'll be happy doing it that way. 

But any suggestions on possible fix? 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

But any suggestions on possible fix?

The AVSIM CTD Guide has this suggestion:

G2D.dll - This module handles plain text messages, like the frame rate counter and those other plain text messages you see periodically while running any simulator and the plain text words in the respective Menu, like the words Options, View, etc. There may be something corrupted in your dll.xml which loads menu items. Possible fixes –

•  Rebuild the sim’s config, as appropriate (moving or renaming the config and then restarting the application).
  •  Uninstall/reinstall video card drivers or go back to previous version. Make sure drivers are not ‘beta’.
  •  Do not disable ORBX/FTX, GEX, and/or UTX entries via the scenery.cfg. Use the appropriate interface utility to enable/disable features in these programs.
  •  Move the dll.xml to a temporary folder and see if this fixes the problem. If so, there is a module in the dll.xml that is causing the problem.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also, if you have mytraffic installed, disable the military aircraft .bgl file.  I got 2 CTDs from that (I think)...seems some people had that issue.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM