Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

FlightSimLabs A320 Ready for Takeoff!

That particular post doesn't answer the explicit question regarding the different versions of P3D.  It doesn't say that the "Entertainment" version will be available on P3D pro; even though that question is actually asked within the post.

Exactly. And i did ask, but nobody replied.

Than I suggest you post your question in there than

It's there, how could you miss it?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Exactly. And i did ask, but nobody replied.

It's there, how could you miss it?

I know i saw your question...i guess we are all going to be waiting and see what the result is.

Ian R Tyldesley

That particular post doesn't answer the explicit question regarding the different versions of P3D.  It doesn't say that the "Entertainment" version will be available on P3D pro; even though that question is actually asked within the post.

My understanding is the initial release will be A320-X Entertainment edition for FSX, which they will then port fairly quickly to P3D (all licences, if it's like their Concorde-X). The A320 Pro (which might be P3D only) will be a long time yet, and will probably have various tiers of pricing dependant on personal/commercial (they may use different product names instead to signify this difference)

Also, if they use the same pricing strategy as the Concorde-X, there will be NO upgrade path between FSX and P3D, so if you migrate to P3D later you will have to repurchase. If that's the case I won't be purchasing until I moved to P3D (and who knows when that'll be, I might need a new system)!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

P3D (all licences, if it's like their Concorde-X).

If true that is excellent news, it's certainly going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

Ian R Tyldesley

If true that is excellent news, it's certainly going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

I make yours my words.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I believe you will need to purchase separate license for FSX and P3D so don't make the mistake of buying FSX version first day if what you really want is P3D.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Great news, been waiting a long time for this A320 to be released.  Good luck FSL!

\Robert Hamlich/

Is it just an alternative to Aerosoft's buses or is there more system modulation?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Still not holding my breath.  To an airplane dev "soon" means two months to two years.  ("You keep using that word...")  Still, I have to say, however long it is, it's usually worth the wait.

I notice on their website it says this:

Be aware that running the simulator at screen resolutions higher than 1920×1080 will cause significantly increased VAS memory requirements and it is NOT recommended.

Why is that?  Seems the textures are what they are.  Rendering them on a 4K screen would use video memory, not VAS, yes?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

best news since ages :-)

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I've been waiting many years for this, however I haven't used FSX in probably 2 years. I'll wait to see if they make it available for P3D.

Why is that?  Seems the textures are what they are.  Rendering them on a 4K screen would use video memory, not VAS, yes?

I'm wondering that remark too.

I can't imaging it increases VAS considerably, because the textures are loaded anyway.

Unless P3D only loads textures that are in visible range, which I can't imaging.

But even then it depends on your viewpoint and zoom factor.

But higher resolution can have of course a significant impact on performance.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I'll wait to see if they make it available for P3D

It's not 'if', but just when/how long after the FSX release.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I'm just wondering what will be in the "pro" version for P3D that won't be in the entertainment version.

Is it just an alternative to Aerosoft's buses or is there more system modulation?

More systems. Aerosoft is a toy compared to this.

Some of that footage is quite "jerky". I would have thought that FS Labs would have wanted smooth animation in a promotional video....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png