Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

User generated content

Just read the actual EULA for DTG Flight School on STEAM. There is a long paragraph for providing and using "user generated content".

Promising to me.

Now that's interesting

I've been hoping they'd keep open the file structure for having a poke about. Although the file structure was open in the alpha, I think Martin mentioned the structure itself could change before release.

Maybe, but it could also be standard copy-pasta from DTG's other EULA's for FSX and their train sims. I wouldn't read too much into that, based on what Martin has said about the plans for Flight School as a closed, standalone product.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Clause 9.3 has my attention...

9.3 We may provide software or tools which assist the creation of UGC (also known as the "Editor"). Please note that the Editor requires expert knowledge to be used properly.

Hmm, I wonder why the EULA is dated 22 May 2016 when it's currently the 20th? That's certainly a fairly lengthy section on UGC. Perhaps a question in the 'Ask DTG' thread requesting clarification is in order? I note that there's mention of an "Editor". I suspect that if there is to be UGC that the "Editor" may not be available until after the Flight Sim is released since they'll need to produce one for the Sim anyway.

Give people power to really test their personality.

I just took a quick look at the EULA for Train Simulator 2016. It's the same exact language. They just copy-pasted it for Flight School as a standard "cover all the bases" EULA. Again, I wouldn't read too much into it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

To me, it just shows an understanding of this community, as we all know that despite what anyone says, there will be people out there trying to shoehorn FSX stuff into Flight School nearly from day one.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

HiFlyer -

To me, it just shows an understanding of this community, as we all know that despite what anyone says, there will be people out there trying to shoehorn FSX stuff into Flight School nearly from day one.

No Siree. I had no idea those people existed, certainly never met one, or heard of their like.

*innocent face*

• Upvote 1

a very good idea.

It will be interesting to see if Dovetail is active in preventing addons to Flight School, or if they turn a blind eye to it.

Dick

It will be interesting to see if Dovetail is active in preventing addons to Flight School, or if they turn a blind eye to it.

Dick

well - they said that 'We recognize the community passion regarding addons'  if they will start to block everything and everybody it will surely backfire on their doorstep ! Even said so i will not buy 'Locked up School' from dtg unless i can add stuff on that.

well - they said that 'We recognize the community passion regarding addons'  if they will start to block everything and everybody it will surely backfire on their doorstep ! Even said so i will not buy 'Locked up School' from dtg unless i can add stuff on that.

They've said very clearly its not designed or intended to be expandable by third parties. Where we repeatedly get in trouble is when we ignore plainspoken English and substitute our own desires, then get upset when the two don't mesh.

I'm going to take them at their word, then maybe be pleasantly surprised if something else happens, but honestly I hope they can maintain order and not let things get out of control into the wild wild west take you life into your own hands tweak-a-thon a palooza that the current market has become.

We may swim like happy fish in the kaleidoscopic confusion, but to newcomers I'm certain it looks like absolute chaos.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

They've said very clearly its not designed or intended to be expandable by third parties. Where we repeatedly get in trouble is when we ignore plainspoken English and substitute our own desires, then get upset when the two don't mesh.

I'm going to take them at their word, then maybe be pleasantly surprised if something else happens, but honestly I hope they can maintain order and not let things get out of control into the wild wild west take you life into your own hands tweak-a-thon a palooza that the current market has become.

We may swim like happy fish in the kaleidoscopic confusion, but to newcomers I'm certain it looks like absolute chaos.

I see your point but you have pro and against in everything;

i know for facts that lots of newcomers love to be able to add addons into a game - and that is what keep them play it.

Do you really believe that a newcomer will play  flight school for months see exactly the same visuals day after day ??

the will loose interest after a week !  guarantee !

Do you really believe that a newcomer will play  flight school for months see exactly the same visuals day after day ??

No, I think DTG have made a calculated decision to create a limited-interest product that won't get in the way of its full simulator.

I don't think they want Flight School to have any longevity.

In which case they wont want anyone else enhancing the products longevity by adding things to it.

Devons rig