Sign in to follow this  
daveinpa

PMDG 777 Base Package Install Problem

Download seems to work perfectly as does the unzip.

Install Wizard starts and then I get the message:

"Unable to locate Prepar3D.exe. Unable to Install."

Prepar3D Folder is on the C  drive and Prepar3D.exe is in it. Prepar3D works perfectly with all other planes. I installed and have run  PMDG 737NGX without a hitch.

Any Ideas what is going on (or should I say wrong)?

4-core i7 6700K Asus Z170-A  Motherboard

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W  CPU

2 x Crucial DDR4-2133 16GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC  Video Card

Onboard Sound Sound Card

Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD  Hard Drive

Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA (Black) CD / DVD Rom

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 w/ Window Case

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W PS Power Supply

Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Rev. 2) CPU Cooling

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound Upgrade Additional Cooling

Additional Chassis Fan Additional Cooling

Fractal Design Define R4/XL/Arc Midi R2 Acrylic Window Replacement w/ 120mm fan Additional Cooling

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM SP1 OS

Estonia Migration Tool installed?

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, I'm Renato,

Since yesterday 777 and 737 work fine in the sim. today I've tried to install new livery with OPERATIONS CENTER", but it doesn't work properly. Seems that product wasn't installed. So I unistalled both plane, dowloaded both again fron PMDG web site, but when tried to install a message tell me "UNABLE TO FIND PREP3D.exe. Unable to install"

Unistalled migration tool but nothing changed. Checked the registry and it's all ok. Same problem with 737 base.

I have p3d v2.4

Hi, I'm Renato,

Since yesterday 777 and 737 work fine in the sim. today I've tried to install new livery with OPERATIONS CENTER", but it doesn't work properly. Seems that product wasn't installed. So I unistalled both plane, dowloaded both again fron PMDG web site, but when tried to install a message tell me "UNABLE TO FIND PREP3D.exe. Unable to install"

Unistalled migration tool but nothing changed. Checked the registry and it's all ok. Same problem with 737 base.

I have p3d v2.4

Please do not post the same thing in multiple sub forums.

You didn't mention the migration tool in the general forum post.... so now you understand why it is not recommended.  When removed, it does not repair the damage it caused.  I am afraid you might be on your own unless you can get support from Estonia, or maybe an expert user in the LockheedMartin P3D forum... I recommend trying there.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I'm Renato,

I have p3d v2.4

If you used a tool that intentionally screws up your registry, you will need to either use that tool to fix it (a function that I doubt it includes), or you'll have to fix it manually. Keep in mind that the EMT will also create FALSE registries. In other words, you may only have P3Dv3 installed, but it'll also put P3Dv2 entries into your registry. Remove the registry entries for any flight sim program that you do not have.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Quick PSA to All: Don't. Use. Sketchy. Software.

If you do, don't be surprised when things stop working.

Kyle Rodgers