Sign in to follow this  
dazzystar

Can anyone help set up my P3D?

Hi All,

I simply don't have the patience any more to do this...so I'd prefer to bow down to somebody that has both the skill set and the passion to get me up and running to the best of my rigs ability.

To keep things as short as possible. My rig specs to start with:

Intel i7 920 @ 2.667ghz. Can overclock to 3.8ghz without issue (using H100i water cooler)

Windows 10 64 bit

P3D V3

Orbx FTX Global

FTX NA

FTX EU

3 x Samsung 24" monitors

GTX 770 GPU

8GB RAM

250GB SSD

REX Essentials+ HD

I'd prefer if someone could use Teamviewer to remotely access my machine and configure the above and advise on other items I need to do.

TIA

Daz

What is your main problem here,   Installing Prepar3D? Or setting up the Monitors?  Or Installing the Software? 

Step 1:  Do you have a naked Prepar3D Installed ?  And is it running good ?  

I should have said Poppet. Thanks.

I've already installed all of the apps named above. Maybe not correctly but all installed. What I'm trying to achieve is the best balance between graphics and FPS. I don't fly heavy. I prefer light. My favourite being the old Cessna 172  which I've imported from FSX into P3D. I have also install the shader realism mod.

put all your settings on all minimums to the point that P3D looks like a fifteen year old DOS simulator. Then see if you get smoothness and fps that is satisfactory for you. Then and only then, begin the process of increasing settings one by one observing whether performance has deteriorated or not. You are looking for the biggest drops. Most will drop FPS by less than 1 to a few FPS which all add up over time. You have to do some accounting on FPS budget. Don't start the process the opposite way, thinking it is ok to maximise all your settings and then reducing settings one by one. That method doesn't work to get peak performance from your setup.

Sorry if I misunderstood - are you willing to pay someone for this service?

put all your settings on all minimums to the point that P3D looks like a fifteen year old DOS simulator. Then see if you get smoothness and fps that is satisfactory for you. Then and only then, begin the process of increasing settings one by one observing whether performance has deteriorated or not. You are looking for the biggest drops. Most will drop FPS by less than 1 to a few FPS which all add up over time. You have to do some accounting on FPS budget. Don't start the process the opposite way, thinking it is ok to maximise all your settings and then reducing settings one by one. That method doesn't work to get peak performance from your setup.

What Glider Said ^^   Start at the bottom and work your way up slowly.  Even though moving some of the sliders up will eat your FPS But you might not see a big difference in how it looks,  it will still have a big impact.    Look for smoothness over FPS.   

Sorry if I misunderstood - are you willing to pay someone for this service?

Yes. Quite happy to pay someone something to help me.