Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anybody use FS FlightControl?

Was looking at it for practicing training scenarios. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Am trying the trial at the moment - if you haven't already, give this a go. Seems to be a well-implementd program that is currently undergoing rapid development. Interfaces nicely with Prosim/Prepar3d, which is what I'm using it for.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Is  this  similar  to fsipanel?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Is this similar to fsipanel?

Parts of it is.  I think FSIPanel tries to be more specialized, working primarily on specific airplanes...PMDG, iFly, Turbine Duke...and then it configures them exactly as they're supposed to be for the phase of flight.  So, if you're on a dogleg in a PMDG, you will configured properly for that airplane and ready to take over.  For whatever reason, my rig was having problems with it.

Not sure if FS FlightControl does the configuration anywhere close to that degree or if it can handle more complex airplanes.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Don't waste your money subscription is for one year only and requires a paid renwal at the end of the year. Also other programs do what this program does and does it better with lifetime updates.

I'm using it for all sorts of things, least of all setting up training situations. I find its Map and Conditions pages invaluable, and the facilities to set my aircraft at gates at different airports are also very useful because the P3D menus are almost impossible to use on my curved screen. I use FS-FC from a Networked PC.

So, I suppose I really have rather special reasons for using it.

I also use EFB2 which is good for different reasons, but it's depiction of AI traffic positions is a little lacking for me because it is limited by the 96 aircraft (per ground and air) in the FSUIPC offsets tables it now uses. FS-FlightControl interfaces directly to SimConnect (and also to ProSim737 which I use for my systems). I often have over 200 AI around at any one time.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen