Sign in to follow this  
pilot888

PMDG 777 FLIGHT PLAN

If I play offline, how do I contact with ATC and fly ifr if I don't flight plan in the sim itself and I enter my plan in the fmc?

The easy way is to use a third party tool (freeware or payware) to generate an FSX plan at the same time you generate the PMDG format plan; then load both. Simbrief does this sort of thing well.

David Jones

What David said. Or you just forget about FS ATC, which is useless, altogether.

BTW: You don't "play". You "simulate"  :Shame On You:  (just a joke)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

The easy way is to use a third party tool (freeware or payware) to generate an FSX plan at the same time you generate the PMDG format plan; then load both. Simbrief does this sort of thing well.

David Jones

But when i insert a fsx plan, it is completely different from the pmdg plan

Programs such as PFPX and Simbrief can automatically create more than one file; one for the FSX flight planner and one for the PMDG 777. Open FSX free flight, then the FSX planner and import the plan created in your choice of 3rd party planner into the FSX flight planner; then start the 777 SIM and load the plan in the 777 through the FMC.  You will be right as rain and both the 777 and ATC will have the same plan.  I have mne set up so the flight plan even gets imported into Active Weather.

I have mine set ups so PFPX creates a version for FSX, Prepar3D and my PMDG 737/777 flights all at the same time.

It's a win/win situation for me.

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

But when i insert a fsx plan, it is completely different from the pmdg plan

You insert that plan into FSX via the 'load' function of the FSX flight planner - not the airplane, and if you do it as I suggested it does contain the same data.

David Jones

What David said. Or you just forget about FS ATC, which is useless, altogether.

BTW: You don't "play". You "simulate" :Shame On You: (just a joke)

It's not completely useless. It's good enough for departure and arrival. Just ignore the nonsense it says in between. If you don't make contact after a handoff it shuts it up. All you have to do is call in when you are descending. I still usually ignore the vectoring, fly the STAR and let it decide the arrival runway and give landing clearance.

ki9cAAb.jpg

There is an option to have the flightplan in the FMC copied to the simulator. See the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP