Sign in to follow this  
britbeef

This app has been blocked for your protection

I think this is really a Windows problem but as it is affecting a PMDG component I am posting here in the hope that someone may be able to suggest a solution.

Suddenly and for no apparent reason when I try to open the 747 Load Manager I am getting the message "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app." There are dozens of posts on the web outlining a workround involving the use of the command line but this is rather a cumbersome solution for frequent use. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 747 but to no avail.

I am running FSX on Windows 10 with UAC set to minimum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

I think this is really a Windows problem but as it is affecting a PMDG component I am posting here in the hope that someone may be able to suggest a solution.

Suddenly and for no apparent reason when I try to open the 747 Load Manager I am getting the message "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app." There are dozens of posts on the web outlining a workround involving the use of the command line but this is rather a cumbersome solution for frequent use. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 747 but to no avail.

I am running FSX on Windows 10 with UAC set to minimum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Hi Bob, I think the PMDG guys were saying they would not support the 747v1 and the MD11 going forward due to incompatibility issues with newer platforms, like Win10 and other things....I am leaving my Flight Sim machine as Win 7, especially because of the MD11 and 747v1 is so reliable...so far.

Anyway, this may or may not help with your problem, I saw on the MD11 forum, a post referring to issues with the MD11 not loading via the DVD. And he eventually got it sorted...Have a look at this post.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488878-a-secured-module-cannot-be-activated-help-please-cannot-install-the-add-ons/ 

Geoff Bryce

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the reply. I will check that out after the football's finished.

You are absolutely right to stick with Windows 7. Windows 10 has caused and continues to cause no end of problems.

Cheers

Bob

You need to right click on the PMDG ....Load Manager icon and goto Properties then Advanced and deselect or leave empty the option Run As Administrator. Apply on it and voila! Don't run such Load Manager as Administrator.

Patricio Valdes

You need to right click on the PMDG ....Load Manager icon and goto Properties then Advanced and deselect or leave empty the option Run As Administrator. Apply on it and voila! Don't run such Load Manager as Administrator.

Congrats. You have successfully reanimated a thread from way back. But, you are correct, FSX or P3D and any associated EXEs should always be run as administrator, and in my opinion, user account control should also be turned off.