Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

X-Plane 10. What is your Favorite Airport scenery?

Loaded up X-Plane 10 again last night and feeling my way around it,  playing with settings and so on.

Just wondering,  what are your Favorite Airport Scenery Add On's.

Looking for Quality.

Appreciate any suggestions you may have  

Thank you :smile:   

As always to this kind of question, I have to advertise my free X-Plane travel guides for the U.S. which were published as PDF extension to FS MAGAZIN 3/2015 and 4/2015.

The West Coast: http://www.fsmagazin...Plusartikel.pdf

The East Coast: http://www.fsmagazin...Plusartikel.pdf

Big download, German language, but lots of screenshots and links. You will notice that a lot of Mister-X6' freeware is included, and in the meantime he has published (and will soon be publishing) even more. Mister-X6 is better than 50% of all payware.

From Aerosoft, I very much like Twentynine Palms (it's the same as the FSX/P3D version), Pullman-Moscow, Manchester (heavy on FPS) and Mykonos (also a bit FPS heavy). From Drzewiecki, I love New York (City + Airports) and Miami.

There is tons of other good scenery, but I will let others name it.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Simple...ANYTHING that Mr. X has produced....ALL the best, so no one Mr. X over the other.

Drooling for the Boston release....

• Upvote 1

KORS (free ... no need for ORBX :P), CZST (payware, again ... no need for ORBX), CYYZ (free), CYTZ (free), LGMK (payware), NZMH (free, veeeery challenging approach), NZCH (free) and many more. To be continued, as I have to leave now.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

KORS (free ... no need for ORBX :P), CZST (payware, again ... no need for ORBX), CYYZ (free), CYTZ (free), LGMK (payware), NZMH (free, veeeery challenging approach), NZCH (free) and many more. To be continued, as I have to leave now.

And your LPMA and LGSR are also extremly well done. ;)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Great topic! I too am just getting into X-Plane so this is really helpful!

I don't have many airports yet, but definitely agree with the posts about MisterX6, they're amazing!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

EPWA Warsaw and TALLIN both payware are two masterpiece in my opinion. I bought both during black friday's discount session and It's a pleasure to fly there.

Regarding freeware there are great sceneries (apart from the org) at XPFR xplane france site, some are unmissable like Marseille and les Isles de la Societè

http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_accueil&sc=310

http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_accueil&sc=166

Sooooo many good airports both freeware and payware to pick from!

Although all of MisterX6's airports are works of art, I would have to say my favorite is PAJN. I love it, not only for how good it is, but for how nice the area is for sightseeing.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

There seems to be so much more freeware of much higher quality for XPX than there is for FSX/P3D.

I've just done a short flight from KSAN to KSFO (both MisterX6 freeware) in the 733, my first night flight in XP, and I'm completely sold! Wow is an understatement! X-Plane's graphics really come into their own at night and knock the socks off any other sim.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

KHOU, KDAL are excellent freeware at payware quality, and also I just love Burbank KBUR for it's challenging approaches. Quality freeware too. 

MisterX6's scenery followed by TDG's scenery. Absolutely must have scenery.

Where does TDG's airports reside? I tried searching on .org with no luck

Thanks,
Len

I see a lot of traffic parked/taxiing around- is there a new traffic addon in X-plane?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

KHOU, KDAL are excellent freeware at payware quality, and also I just love Burbank KBUR for it's challenging approaches. Quality freeware too. 

Where does TDG's airports reside? I tried searching on .org with no luck

Thanks,

Len

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/348816-tdg/content/&type=downloads_file

Aside from all the great freeware mentioned, I'd give a special shout out to SBRJ & SBGL. I also love DD's NYC airports & NYC. Small airports: 2NCO, 1N2, and KTNP. 

All these payware greats are available a the org store.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.