Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

Where is the manual?

Sorry for the daft question but, having bought PrecipitFX, I frankly can't see any difference when I run FSX!

For a start, where is the manual, please?

Log into the Manage Your Account section of the FSFX website and you'll find he manual underneath the Product you have activated (in this case "PrecipitFX").

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Many thanks.

I've got it now, although it seems daft that it's so well hidden...

Anyway, I'm not convinced I've actually got PrecipitFX installed!

I did install VFXCentral and inserted the key code, but I can't see it in Downloads (Win7) nor is it in Control Panel Uninstall a Program.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks.

I've got it now, although it seems daft that it's so well hidden...

Anyway, I'm not convinced I've actually got PrecipitFX installed!

I did install VFXCentral and inserted the key code, but I can't see it in Downloads (Win7) nor is it in Control Panel Uninstall a Program.

I have it showing in control Panel uninstall as Precipit FX. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Many thanks Bobsk8.

Definitely not in Control Panel, which probably explains why I don't see any difference!

So, where do I download it from, please?

Having read through the download instructions (several dozen times!) there's mention of a zip file to be downloaded from the developer's website.

Well, I can't find it!

Can someone kindly provide a link to this, please?

Alternatively:

"You can install the product by clicking the "DIRECT INSTALL" button under your product in VFXCentral."

Sorry, but I don't seem to have that either.

Unless I can get some assistance, I'm afraid I'll just have to forget it and waste my money, as I see there are no refunds.

Shame, as the product looked promising...

You should be able to install it from VFX Central. When you open VFX central to you see it listed?  https://fsfxpackages.com/en/vfxcentral/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, PrecipitFX is listed as one of my products (the only one, of course) but there's no "Direct Install" button!

Yes, PrecipitFX is listed as one of my products

Just click on the PrecipitFX item

Thanks, but nothing happens when I do that.

I can see the option to modify or uninstall, but we know it's not installed!

Frankly, this is ridiculous.

I must admit, I wish I'd never seen this software.  :mad:

Try running it in safe mode.

It is my opinion that they ruined this software with the introduction of VFXCentral.

Previously it was reliable and always checked the licence and updated correctly when I launched the old version.

Now I can only get it to run in safe mode, running it normally results in the following error just after it tries to install the latest update.

VFXCentralerror.jpg

Sorry, but I've no idea about Safe Mode.

I'm a pensioner, with only a basic computer knowledge but a great love of flight simming!

How ridiculous to sell software which only someone with a university degree in computing can install!

I think I'll have to call it a day and put it down to experience.

At least it wasn't too expensive...

Thanks again to everyone who's tried to assist me.

Don't give up, giving up and calling it a day is why you still only have a basic computer knowledge.

If you know nothing about Safe mode just Google it, it's a basic function of the Windows operating system that you really do need to know about, at some point you will need it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7

As I said VFXCentral only works for me in safe mode, it may also be what you need to get your copy working. without even trying you will never know.

No, the reason I have only a basic computer knowledge is because my poor old brain can't absorb information like it used to when I was younger !

I'm also petrified of pressing the wrong button and having to call someone to rescue the situation.

Having said that, I've risked all and started in safe mode (F8) as you suggested.

As expected, no difference, but then how can I install the program without an install button to press?

Have you contacted the developers ?

They are not always around in this forum but you can get help via their support address and there are some FAQ's available on the official web site.

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/PrecipitFX/

From the support page

If nothing listed above fixes your issue, write and email with your OldProp ID along with a detailed description of the issue and send it to us at - email - Expect a response within 24 to 48 hours depending on the issue.

Edited by Keven Menard
Removed clear email because of spambots