Sign in to follow this  
rennman

shadows move when they shouldnt.

The VC shadows move when i move my eyepoint even when parked...for some reason this happens in all AC except the Aerosoft DH6...with this one AC the shadows are locked when I look around and only move when the AC moves...which is how it should be...any ideas?

Make sure that you haven't accidentally selected legacy forced shadows for non legacy aircraft. The diagnostics button should be warning you if you have it selected.

Thanks for responding....No boxes are checked in the Legacy section...

In the pictures below...see how the shadow on the seat moves...the AC is parked...I only turned my head.

is this not supposed to happen, or is it a limitation of the fix?..

Do you have a camera add on such as ezdok or equivalent if so tick the ezdok box in shadows dialog.

If you have eye tracking software tick trackIR.

To be honest it's worth just ticking both regardless.

Make sure that you have force VC walls ticked.

If that doesn't fix it turn off hd shadows and confirm all is ok with all Aircraft.

The turn hd shadows back on and test with default aircraft Cessna 737 etc and report back.

wow...ticking ezdok and trackIR seems to have solved it!...i would never have thought of that since i dont have them...thanks for the save...it may seem like a little thing but the cockpit shadows add a whole dimension

Ok can you find out which one setting it is ( it's unlikely to be both) then what do you have installed exactly, there must be something doing it.

Hi Friends,

I have the same problem in PMDG NGX, even if I check EZDOK and TRACKIR boxes in Shadow options. (I have EZDOK and I don't have TrackIR)

I also described it in this thread http://www.avsim.com/topic/469114-737-ngx-and-vc-shadows/#entry3244341

What else should I check or set?

Lucas

Hi Steve,

are you going to fix it?

With regards,

Lucas

Lucas there is nothing I can fix.

I have the pmdg ngx and it behaves fine, noone else has reported an error - the OP's problem was solved. unless you can provide more details ( moving shadows isn't sufficient) then there is nothing that I can do. How do the shadows move? When do they move? Do they move all the time or occasionally? If you don't move your head then are the shadows correct? are they ever correct?? Are they ok in all other aircraft? Do you have the latest version of the ngx. Do they work in non hd shadows.

Have you tested with the new option I created for you to reduce the zoom factor?