Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Help in buying 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor for P3D

Well Vortex, I just pressed by buy button on Amazon and bought the BenQ 32 inch BL3200PT. I am nervous that it might be too big, but figured that I am not getting any younger, and when it comes to font size, as they say in Texas, bigger is better. It is being delivered tomorrow. Will update you next week on my progress with it.

I can/t thank you enough for your input. I really spent a lot of time reviewing all of my choices. There are just so many variables that go into this decision.

Thank You! And Happy Flying!

You won't regret it. IMHO 32" is the sweet spot for 2560x1440. It may look big initially but very quickly you'll wonder how you ever managed with anything smaller!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

You won't regret it. IMHO 32" is the sweet spot for 2560x1440. It may look big initially but very quickly you'll wonder how you ever managed with anything smaller!

I have had my BenQ 32 inch BL3200PT for over a week now, and can report that I love love love it.  Took me almost no time to get used to it.  P3D looks awesome and I do think the colors are better and brighter than my old monitor.  For web surfing, I use the windowed mode as I do find the size just a tad too big ... but no problem, with windowed mode.

For folks that wear bifocals (yes I am one of those) I strongly suggest consider getting a separate set of "computer" glasses that have a focal length just the right distance for a computer screen.  I have been using these for a number of years and couldn't be without them.

I would rate my 32 inch monitor a 100% success.  

Thanks Vortex for all of your help.