Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Ecuador scenery help

I have scenery for Cuenca Ecuador (SECU) that I got from here http://www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/escenarios_extranjeros_2004.htm (it's like the 5th one down). A lot of the buildings that are opposite of the terminal are missing textres. Iooked at the read me file and it dosen't say I need any extra downloads to get those textures to show. Does anyone know what could be wrong? How do I get those textures to show?

Can you post a picture of which buildings in particular?

Is it this one?...

Capture.jpg

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

You know, I have been flight simming since FS98 and I have never made a screenshot :blush:. I don't know how to.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? How do I get those textures to show?

In the Cuenca 2009/scenery folder, open the AB_Buildings.txt file with Notepad and the first two lines are:

Library description file for: AB_Buildings.bgl
Automatically created by EZ-Scenery Manager

So you'll need to install the EZ-Scenery object libraries compiled by Joe DeGregorio from the Avsim library.

Thank you very much! The read me didn't say anything about needing EZ-Scenery objects.

In the Cuenca 2009/scenery folder, open the AB_Buildings.txt file with Notepad and the first two lines are:

Library description file for: AB_Buildings.bgl

Automatically created by EZ-Scenery Manager

So you'll need to install the EZ-Scenery object libraries compiled by Joe DeGregorio from the Avsim library.

Thank you very much! The read me didn't say anything about needing EZ-Scenery objects.

Because you don't need to install those objects, they are included in the download.

Not only do you get AB_Buildings.txt, you also get AB_Buildings.bgl, and it's require textures.

regards,

Joe

You know, I have been flight simming since FS98 and I have never made a screenshot :blush:. I don't know how to.

If you have Win 7 or later you have the Snipping Tool.

Slew your plane to give a good view of the problem.

Use the 2D panel and press the "W" key to give a clear, unobstructed view.

Open the Snipping Tool and click on New.

Draw a rectangle around what you want to show, then save the file to your Desktop.

You will have to upload the image to a third party image storage site, I use http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

It is free and no need to join.

After you upload the image you will see the URL to the file, copy it and paste it in a reply to this thread.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Not only do you get AB_Buildings.txt, you also get AB_Buildings.bgl, and it's require textures.

That's true, but if the textures aren't loading it's because FS is looking elsewhere for them, such as an EZ Scenery library folder or the main Texture folder. I put library object textures in both now, just in case!