Sign in to follow this  
mrfuni

Anyone have any experiece with SimFlyer products?

The reason I ask is I've seen the news item on the avsim front page for the GLX-OPv1 EFISai. It looks promising, but I've really never read any in depth discussions on their products here on the user forums.If it is a reputable company; I'll break my own rule and be one of the first to try it out. I've got a lot of GA aircraft that wouldn't mind a little BLING (aviation translation = glass in the cockpit).you can take a look at the gauge here http://www.simflyer.net/shop/opefis.html

HelloI have the GnsV4 GPS296 and KLX-135AI am very happy with all of them, also the support from Simflyer isvery good.I was really looking forward to the Electronic Flight Board but it seems to have been dropped, pity

So is it on the same playing field as the Reality XP stuff?I'm asking becaues until the news update, I didn't even know the SimFlyer stuff existed; since most 3rd party gauge discussions here have been about RXP. I thought they were the only player, since the users/buyers were not mentioning SimFlyer products(I could have missed some topics). I generally like to read all the discussions about a product or company good and bad and make my decision based on all the composite info about the subject.

Guest IanP

The only SimFlyer products I have seen, or seen reviewed, have been repackaged default GPSs which are not in the same league as RealityXP. That isn't to say they aren't good, as the default GPS is a lot better than many people give it credit for, but it does mean that annoyances like the inability to enter flight plans directly (you have to do it through the FS flight planner) and the never clearing "MSG" flag are still there.After comparing both, I went for the RXP gauges and am glad that I did. I'm sure others will say the opposite. Horses for courses and all that? :-)I don't remember hearing any complaints at all about SimFlyers as a company.Cheers,Ian P.

>The only SimFlyer products I have seen, or seen reviewed,>have been repackaged default GPSs which are not in the same>league as RealityXP. That isn't to say they aren't good, as>the default GPS is a lot better than many people give it>credit for, but it does mean that annoyances like the>inability to enter flight plans directly (you have to do it>through the FS flight planner) and the never clearing "MSG">flag are still there.>>After comparing both, I went for the RXP gauges and am glad>that I did. I'm sure others will say the opposite. Horses for>courses and all that? :-)>>I don't remember hearing any complaints at all about SimFlyers>as a company.>>Cheers,>>Ian P.Hey thanks for the info!

In answer to your question about it being a reputatble company, Keith Giveans has been around for a long time and has an extensive freeware offering list. I'd say he's about as trustworthy a guy as you'll find around. I'd give his products a shot if I were you.best

This is the kind of info I've been looking for to help me decide to take a shot at that new EFIS of his that is in beta.