Sign in to follow this  
Brit

777 FMC Problems.

Hi guys

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I am doing a test flight but have some strange FMC problems.

Basically there are no altitude figures on the LEGS page and the FMC flickers and in turn no ETA figure.

Will a reinstall of the PMDG 777 resolve this issue?

Thanks

Will a reinstall of the PMDG 777 resolve this issue?
Maybe or maybe not. Do know you how to completely set the FMC for flight using LNAV and VNAV modes? Did this problem just start after the installation of Windows 10?

Hi

Well I've reinstalled the 777/300ER and am doing a flight now with the issue resolved. Thanks :)

Hi

Well I've reinstalled the 777/300ER and am doing a flight now with the issue resolved. Thanks :)

Let's hope it stays that way!

Problem is back :sad:

Not changed anything but updated ASN to SP5.

Does it happen regardless of flightplan or are there only specific ones with the problem? Are you manually entering the plan or importing.  Give us too much information rather than what you've provided, Michael.

Dan Downs KCRP

It hasn't happened since i re installed the plane. Today it was fine for an hour but then the problem came back. I'm loading a flight plan from PFPX. FMC econ speed flashes purple/white with no ETA showed or legs page.

Still not enough information to be of help. What is the offending flightplan?

Dan Downs KCRP

KSFO - EGLL

ATC ROUTE: N0484F330 SHOR7 SAC J32 FMG DCT DBS DCT DIK DCT HML J107 VBI SCAK
           VIPGA/N0487F350 SCAK GRAND DCT LAKES DCT 59N060W/M082F350 59N050W
           59N040W 58N030W 56N020W DCT VENER DCT KOKIB DCT SHA/N0478F370 DCT
           SLANY UL9 DIKAS UL18 GAVGO UL9 KENET OCK1A

That's what I thought.  You are selecting an ILS approach at EGLL, correct?  There is a known bug in the 777 that shows up when you select a transition to the ILS, such as ILS27L.OCK.  Don't select the transition, use the ILS without OCK and set up your own downwind and base legs.  The bug isn't in the navdata.

Use the OCK1A STAR then put a custom waypoint after OCK at 12 DME or whatever. I use OCK076/12.  Then after you pass that custom waypoint make your own base leg and final intercept.

Dan Downs KCRP

That's what I thought.  You are selecting an ILS approach at EGLL, correct?  There is a known bug in the 777 that shows up when you select a transition to the ILS, such as ILS27L.OCK.  Don't select the transition, use the ILS without OCK and set up your own downwind and base legs.  The bug isn't in the navdata.

Use the OCK1A STAR then put a custom waypoint after OCK at 12 DME or whatever. I use OCK076/12.  Then after you pass that custom waypoint make your own base leg and final intercept.

Hi, can you please give more information about this bug?

I fly in and out of EGLL quite often and it always works normally. STAR + Transition + ILS approach was never a problem at EGLL in the 777 for me?

Hi, 

Can u check if this problem happen when u insert the STAR? If u set the FMC and it is ok and then the problem start to happen when u insert the star it is a problem of navigraph for that RWY. 

Hi,

Can u check if this problem happen when u insert the STAR? If u set the FMC and it is ok and then the problem start to happen when u insert the star it is a problem of navigraph for that RWY.

As Dan said, the problem is in the 777 FMC not the Navigraph data. The STARs are ok and if you don't enter a transition there is no problem. Just self vector to the approach. ATC will normally vector you anyway.

ki9cAAb.jpg