Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

Some planes are easy to taxi and some are difficult, why

My experience is that different planes are significantly harder or more easier to taxi. For example I find the Aeroworx Beech King B200 very difficult to taxi. Either it goes very fast or stops altogether.Its speed is very difficult to finetune. On the other hand a plane like the DF727 it's quite the opposite. Very easy to taxi and no problem in finetuning the taxispeed.My question, is this just like the real thing or should all planes be easy to taxi controlling speed? Or do I need different tweaks for different planes?I use CH Flightsim yoke an rudderpedals.

If I understand correctly, all turbojet aircraft like the KingAir are extremely hard to model for MSFS.

Guest bobsk8

>My experience is that different planes are significantly>harder or more easier to taxi. For example I find the Aeroworx>Beech King B200 very difficult to taxi. Either it goes very>fast or stops altogether.Its speed is very difficult to>finetune. On the other hand a plane like the DF727 it's quite>the opposite. Very easy to taxi and no problem in finetuning>the taxispeed.>My question, is this just like the real thing or should all>planes be easy to taxi controlling speed? Or do I need>different tweaks for different planes?>I use CH Flightsim yoke an rudderpedals.> If you check the support forum on the Aeroworx King Air you will see several threads on taxiing the aircraft. Real King Air pilots that regularly contribute state that the real aircraft behaves in a similar manner. The trick is to set your idle on high and give some throttle to get moving and retard the throttle as soon as you start to roll the King Air. It will maintain a taxi speed of about 15 MPH. http://www.aeroworx.com/smf/index.php