Sign in to follow this  
freshJet_Virtual

CLS A330 gear contact points

Anyone who owns the CLS A330 will know that the gear animation is completely unrealistic, particularly on touchdown. I have spent hours attempting to modify the contact points to achieve a more accurate animation but it's proving impossible.

Does anyone with experience tweaking contact points wish to have a go? Or does anyone know a solution?

It's a shame because it's otherwise the best model out there!

Contact points alone ain't gonna do it. It would require xml animation. I do not believe CLS had the skills when the model was made. A great shame, as to see the A330/340's gear animation done properly would be a delight!

There is one in the making that has this perfect animation but my oh my has it been a long time in the making (Project Airbus)

Edit: The gear animation on the CLS DC-10 upsets me a bit as well but hey ho.

Yes, I'm not holding out for PA if I'm honest.

I do think that contact points can improve the effect if anything, I have made progress on it but simply not reached a good result.

but simply not reached a good result

Good is not acceptable with aircraft that have spectacular bogies like the A330, B777, B747 etc.

XML animation is required with the ability to tweak to infinity, which is what I did to Hiroshi's 747 and 777 to perfection.

See the POSKy747 in slow motion here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgO7U5R5dGA&t=7m40s

The POSKy777 here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akToMOeBQCU&t=0m43s

IMO the POSKy 777 animation kicking the Pimgee 777 into touch with lovely gear compression plus a puff of smoke as the first tyre touches then another as the rest do. B)

I would love to do the same with the PA A330 but why the delay with release I do not know. :Cuppa:

If they did not ... Which I am pretty sure is the case, yes it is impossible.

This is hence why I think the contact points are the only option. Even if it means that they won't touch down properly, adding additional contact points might improve the effect.

Go for it. You remind me of another of my CLS pet hates.... Way too many contact points for landing gear.