Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

FS GENESIS 38M MESH

Hi, I'm led to understand that this item is a freeware available on this site , can anyone direct me , can't seem to locate it.Thanks,Tony

>It's not freeware, but relatively inexpensive and worth every>penny.>>http://portal.fsgenesis.net/>>>The US portions 38.X are free here on avsim, you have to do some research and a lot of it is in smaller portions, but about 3 are in nice big chunks like the southwestern US etc. The rest of the world I believe you have to buy.

Guest bobsk8

>>It's not freeware, but relatively inexpensive and worth>every>>penny.>>>>http://portal.fsgenesis.net/>>>>>>>>The US portions 38.X are free here on avsim, you have to do>some research and a lot of it is in smaller portions, but>about 3 are in nice big chunks like the southwestern US etc.>The rest of the world I believe you have to buy.Why would he offer freeware on the same areas of the US that he is selling on his website? ????????

There are free sample areas available but the full coverage of an area is only provided if you buy the package. I have found FSGenesis to have wonderful customer service and the price for what you get is very reasonable, they give more than you expect and earn a faithful following.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

The entire United States is, indeed, available here. Do an extended search by Author using Justin Tyme and you'll find it.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I saw Justin answer that question somewhere and as I remember he said he just wanted to give something back to the community.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Correct.The entire US mesh is here. As said, search under Justin Tyme.The only downside is no support and no free updates. If you want that you will have to buy it at FSGenesis.I have already found a few 'strange' things in the freeware. No big deal though and is good enough to make me want to purchase more, which I am sure is the point of releasing it as a freeware teaser.Glenn

Guest SoarPics

Try narrowing your search to the FS2004 Scenery section of the Avsim Library. Search under "FSGenesis/Justin Tyme".Justin has additional products available thru his website linked above. All his products are top quality and at very fair prices. His site is worth a visit.Regards,GregEdit: Ach! I hate it when the phone rings while I'm compiling a post. Wait too long and others quickly step in to make the assist. Better that than no help at all.

>There are free sample areas available but the full coverage>of an area is only provided if you buy the package. I have>found FSGenesis to have wonderful customer service and the>price for what you get is very reasonable, they give more than>you expect and earn a faithful following.actually thats not quite true, what you can download from here on avsim is the full package. It may not be the latest version of the that package but good enough to make you go out and buy the rest of the world.Of course like mentioned there is no support or free updates.

Hmmm, you learn something new everyday ;). Years ago I had downloaded some of the free mesh Justin released for FS2002 and liked it so much I purchased the full versions and have been able to update to the latest versions ever since. As I said, I have been very happy with FSGenesis and don't mind at all paying Justin for his hard work.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Correct. The free version is a snapshot of his work, his commercial product is constantly updated as corrections come in to the elevation data he uses.To some people that might be reason enough to pay for it, for others it may not be.Personally I've purchased quite a bit of his products (though not the US, for me the free stuff there is good enough, I might get the 10m stuff though at some point) and am happy with it.Excellent value for money if you have a fast connection (the shipping cost for CDs can get expensive if you're outside the US).

Thanks to allwill try the download ! getting into some serious money in this almost obsolete fs.Tony