Sign in to follow this  
nooon

Advice between curved 34" and UHD ~40"

I have been hesitating during weeks for which way to go with a new monitor and I can't decide myself yet.
I have assembled a skylake PC and plan to go for a GTX1080 that will replace my current GTX760 as soon as they become available in MSRP in June, in not-founder-edition designs.

I currently own 3 monitors :
- One ASUS 26" 1920x1200 : main sim screen for displaying 3D : This is the one I want to replace.
- Two IIyama 24" 1920x1080 : for additional sim add-ons display : Teamspeak, moving maps and charts.

What would be the best choice between these two babies :
- Curved 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide screen like the Samsung S34E790CN (I would have prefered a Predator X34 for G-sync but the extra cost is overkill).
- Flat 40 or 43" 3840x2160 UHD screen, like this model from Philips : BDM4350UC

My use is as follows :
70% : Flightsimming.
15% : Music recording and editing on a sequencer.
15% : Other games (FPS only), documents/office editing, web usage, etc.

The curved screen is nice but Im afraid I will miss the vertical resolution, for gauges reading especially.
The 43" UHD screen is lovely, Im just afraid it will be just too big on my desk. I barely have 80cm / 1meter between my eyes and the screen.

I just can't choose and I need members advice.

Go for the 43" 4K Screen ! I have 42" Wasbi Mango and It's awesome !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Ehup guys I am up and running with the Iiyama ProLite X4071UHSU-B1 and it's really fantastic.

However I have a small issue, Win7 is set to wake the monitor after 15 minutes of inactivity.

When trying to get the monitor out of sleep mode, it remains black. I have to manually shut it down with the master power button (near the ATX power cable) and start it again.

Anyone has the same screen and problem ?

Help needed !!

EDIT forgot to mention connected with DisplayPort, and set to DP 1.2 on the monitor.

I know you are asking about screens but have you ever considered virtual reality? Oculus or Vive?

Only for GA fly why not, but for tubeliners looks like a big headache.

And I am having unstabilized myopia, Im already getting migraines when watching a 3D-movie so I guess I'll stay at the door for now !

+ I basically need to find a Oculus or Vive owner near me to give it a try (Im near LFLG, anyone ?)

cheers